Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fat quilts for "fluffy" people (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fat-quilts-%22fluffy%22-people-t68430.html)

scrappylouisa 10-06-2010 05:59 AM

Sounds like fun! I try to reward myself with little gifts while loosing weight. It just makes it more fun. Combining quilting and weight loss is a great idea. I'm going to do Disappearing Nine-Patch for my block. Now on to the weight loss plan so I can reward myself with quilt blocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bkaren6020 10-06-2010 06:29 AM

My Aunt is a wonderful quilter, but is 84 and about ready to give it up. She sent tons of Christmas fabrics squares and scraps. Was thinking about a tablecloth anyway, maybe this will get me working on it. Havent weighed in for a year cause I didn't want to know. So here goes. Uck.

quiltingaz 10-06-2010 07:11 AM

I'm in, but if I have to take away a block every time I regain a lb. then I may never have enough blocks to finish the quilt! :|

Uhoh, my scale is packed. I can't start until we get our house done and moved!!

lindy 10-06-2010 07:16 AM

quote=sewred]I want to do this and my quilt will be huge! I have about 120-125 pounds left to lose![/quote]

I'm in! I have around 130 to lose. Good incentive here. I tend to give everything away. Support here + my DH's support will get me there!!

JudeWill 10-06-2010 07:18 AM

What a fun idea! Maybe it would encourage me to stop losing and gaining the same 4 lbs. every month and instead keep going! I've been wanting to make a red & black one to go with my living room. And I've been wanting to try the disappearing nine patch. :thumbup:

grannie-k 10-06-2010 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by JudeWill
What a fun idea! Maybe it would encourage me to stop losing and gaining the same 4 lbs. every month and instead keep going! I've been wanting to make a red & black one to go with my living room. And I've been wanting to try the disappearing nine patch. :thumbup:

I know what you mean. I have the same five that come and go time and time again. I would be weightless if I could keep the 5 away everytime! I love this idea even though I don't have enough time for all the projects I have now. I think I will do a block per 5 lbs. I want to loose forever at leasst 35 pounds. Granddaughter is getting married in March and would like to be the skinny (thinner) granny.

twinkie 10-06-2010 07:41 AM

That is a great idea Christina. Thanks and count me in. I am in the weight loss group so this might be an incentive for me.

Thanks

ckp11271 10-06-2010 07:54 AM

I've been trying to think of a pattern that I will do for this quilt, and haven't come up with one that I would want for myself that really signifies 'me'. So instead of one block, I am going to go in whole hog and finally open my copy of 'The Farmer's Wife' quilt book that's been hiding in my desk for about a year. Since I am a farmer's wife, it will really be a quilt about me and my own journey - life, and weight all wrapped up in one. And BONUS - it has enough blocks in it so that each pound gets it's own design!

mac 10-06-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
I love this idea of the quilt but I am making a yo yo quilt just in case, you know. Some days its up and some days its down. This should be fun.

A 'yo-yo' quilt - Too, funny.

I think this is a great idea. What a wonderful way to visually see the weight you lost. Maybe when you gain a pound back you can make an "X" block for that week. Actually seeing the 'X' block might make you more vigilent for the next week.

I once belonged to Weight Watchers back in the 70's and lost a pound and gained a pound so often that the team leader told me, 'Mary Ann, I am going to stick with you until you lose all of your weight, but I am not planning to retire here." I am not good at following orders and sabatoged myself until I gain 20 pounds, and then finally quit WW. :cry:

Anyway, great idea. Count me in. :thumbup:

marymc 10-06-2010 08:59 AM

Should we be using fat quarters?