Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Finsh the bolt stash building (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finsh-bolt-stash-building-t101206.html)

Annaquilts 02-20-2011 11:02 PM

I wish! I am looking for bolts they put in the sale section. I did the same as you and for about 6 years colelcted a lot of fat quarters but find I need border, backing, sashing and binding fabric.

VernaL 02-20-2011 11:25 PM

I just bought some fabric today at my LQS for 35% off if I finish the bolt. I got 2 nice pieces and then got a very nice piece because it was on sale for 50% off. I need more fabric like the sky needs stars!!

katvert 02-20-2011 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by olebat
Handcocks and Hobby Lobby do not, but my local JoAnns does. (With the exception of one cutter who has strange rules - perhaps from another location. I'll "remember" something else if she calls my number. Anything less than a yard is a remnant, and is sold for 50% off. If it is on sale, the sale price applies too. Then, with my 15% teacher discount . . . Oh Yeah Baby! I don't darken the doors of one of the LQS, the other - I get guild pricing, and have never found a partial bolt that I wanted. Guess someone beats me to them.

We only have Joanns, but I find that most cutters offer me remnant price (50% off) for anything left less than a yard. There is one that says she can't and for a while there was one that would discount the whole cut. I will almost always buy the extra, because I would rather have to much than not enough.

also if you have an iPhone - check the joanns app. They usually have 2-3 coupons on there one is always 40% off non sale items, but the other is 10-25% off total purchase. (usually includes sale items.)

Craftygirl 02-21-2011 02:37 AM

Over here in Western Australia we have a fabric store called "Textile Traders". At the moment they have 50% off all fabric. Needless to say, my stash grew a little today lol.

Patticake 02-21-2011 01:59 PM

My LQS does this and it's wonderful and awful at the same time. Wonderful for stash building but awful for my finances! :lol:

ann31039 02-21-2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by MDMPanther
Yes...here in North Carolina, there is a shop in Chapel Hill that I absolutely love...Thimble Pleasures....that does the end of the bolt sale once a month...the last Fri/Sat of the month and I believe it's either 30 or 35% off to finish the bolt!! It's a little bit of a hike for me, but when I go, well worth the trip!! My local LQS had one in December as well with 30% off!!

ooooo. I hadn't found that store. Got to check it out.

Quilt Mom 02-22-2011 04:56 AM

One of the local shops has a skinny bolt rack - usually 1 1/2 - 2 yards per bolt - at 30% off. Maybe 15 or 20 bolts.
The other local shop has a rack with bolts 50% off, but you must buy 3 or more yards to get the discount. Probably 25 - 30 bolts on it normally.
So our shops don't have the 'finish the bolt' possibility on just any bolt, but we do have some good bargains. I check every time I go into the shops.

granma1 02-23-2011 06:25 PM

Our Joann's does that. I really like the people at our store but I do seek out or wait for a sewer to cut my fabric. They are always interested in what you are doing and love to see the finished results. Sometimes while waiting in line for cutting we swap coupons or can provide one to someone who is not getting a flyer. I really love our Joann's.

BETTY62 02-23-2011 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

jdavis 03-05-2011 12:13 PM

My LQS does it two ways..."skinnys," which have 2 yds or less on the bolt, are always 20% off. The other way is on the last Saturday of the month, buy the remainder of any bolt in the shop at 25% off. Their newsletter always reminds us of these bargains. They also have a 50% off section, which is probably "slow movers."