Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   First shpg trip to joann's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/first-shpg-trip-joanns-t192098.html)

QuiltnLady1 06-19-2012 02:21 AM

Such a cute story -- she'll have some wonderful memories and so will you. That's what grandparents are for.

willferg 06-19-2012 06:58 AM

I live in California, and my mother lived in Silverdale, later in Poulsbo. My kids always called her Grandma Snow, because the first time they saw snow was at her house. Your post brought back some happy memories, thanks!

Pat G 06-19-2012 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 (Post 5299893)
Such a cute story -- she'll have some wonderful memories and so will you. That's what grandparents are for.

I totally agree. I only had one grandparent (the others had all passed away) & Grandma was very special to me. I remember sleeping with her in her feather bed. Now Michael, 8, & Kayla, 5, both sleep with me in my "hot bed. They call it that since it has an electric blanket.

G-ma had a Singer treadle machine in her bedrm. & I got curious one day & played around with it. I ran the needle through my finger & that was that for my curiousity. I remember it so well though. This is why it's so important for me to be that grandma they remember. My two 22 yr. old g-kids spent so much time with us growing up that they are very close to me (& G-pa even though he is no longer here).

It always makes me sad to see grandmas who rarely see their g-kids. All of mine (plus a cpl. of friends & dogs) will be here this wk. end so it should be fun.

Pat G 06-19-2012 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by willferg (Post 5300508)
I live in California, and my mother lived in Silverdale, later in Poulsbo. My kids always called her Grandma Snow, because the first time they saw snow was at her house. Your post brought back some happy memories, thanks!

Poulsbo has a wonderful quilt shop. Silverdale is my closest mall so Grandma Snow & I are almost neighbors. LOL

beatys9 06-19-2012 09:27 AM

How sweet - she will be sewing before you know it. Bet she will cherish that memory of how fish'n Gma taught her about fabric & sewing all her life.

Amythyst02 06-20-2012 03:22 AM

Wonderful shopping trip, thanks for sharing...

bibi 06-20-2012 04:08 AM

What a sweet story. Enjoy your family, thanks for sharing.

nana20010 06-20-2012 04:57 AM

awesome it great when or kids or gk take a interested in what we love

DJinSC 06-20-2012 04:59 AM

"I never knew how much love my heart could hold til someone called me Grandma." Isn't that the truth? I cherish every moment I spend with my almost 3 year old grandson. It's just so different than when I had my children. I can take time to play with him and do things with him. I notice and appreciate when he does something new and cute. I didn't have the time when my kids were small. I know you are counting the minutes until this weekend. Have a wonderful time! Maybe you'll have some new stories for us on Monday.

Donna

Caswews 06-20-2012 05:33 AM

sometimes it just takes a spark to get a child interested in something you are doing .. then to sit down and explain things in their language or even demonstrate it to them and they are hooked ! I have three Grands that are that way !