Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   flat-headed pins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/flat-headed-pins-t171168.html)

fayzer 12-08-2011 08:28 AM

I love my flat head pins. I never iron over pins.

WMUTeach 12-08-2011 08:28 AM

I love them and so does my dear kitty. They are easy for Miss Scout to gently bite and pull out. But cat or not, I still use them. I hope Santa has them on his list for me. I have been nice enough this year to get a small package of flat head pins..... well, I think I have been nice enough.

delma_paulk 12-08-2011 08:30 AM

I use them, they are sharp! Remember that, cause I have several holes where they got me. I like the shorter pins as I can hide the end in the fabric and don't get stuck so much.

delma

fmhall2 12-08-2011 09:22 AM

I love to use them. I was given my first set by a friend, Klaudeen Hansen of AQS as a thank you for a project I did, and I use them regularly.

misseva 12-08-2011 09:26 AM

I like my flathead pins too. I thought all plastic pins melted - wasn't aware that there was a 'no melt'. See, you learn something everyday.

katz_n_kwiltz 12-08-2011 09:38 AM

love flathead pins here too..but they can be sewn through and left by mistake in a quilt,
also love them cuz they are thinner than most pins, which means they r real easy to bend.
katz

BellaBoo 12-08-2011 10:16 AM

I have all brands and types of pins. If a sewing item is a great bargain buy I buy it. I prefer Iris straight pins for the sharpness and IBC glass head pins for ease of using. The flower head pins are great but will bend easily.

Most brands have different levels of quality for different markets. The Singer machine needles you buy at Walmart are not the quality you buy from a Singer dealer, thus the big price difference. The quality of steel that is used in Japan for pins and needle making is much better then the steel used to make pins in Germany or England. If I see pins/needles that say made in Japan I buy them.

tlclifford47 12-08-2011 10:32 AM

I love the flat head pins.

Copper 12-08-2011 11:50 AM

I do not like flat-headed pins because I keep sticking myself with them!

CAS49OR 12-08-2011 12:09 PM

I use them and like them for pinning through thin layers. They bend easily when trying to push through thick layers, and sometimes the heads fall off when pulling them out of thick layers. I have the blue Clover pins and they are very sharp and fine, I love that! I think I like the glass head pins the best, I haven't bought any yet, but have a few "borrowed" ones from different classes. (someone teaching me something and the pin went home with me) They are super sharp and thin too, and I think they would be more durable in the long run. My "heavy" pins are the round head ones that came with the magnetic holder, and they seem so dull and thick after using the flower pins, but they are great for thick layers and sewing clothes.