Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fons & Porter Subscription (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fons-porter-subscription-t39246.html)

grammyp 03-12-2010 06:33 AM

I am letting all my subscriptions go. I already have more planned than I can ever make. They are nice to look through, but not really worth the price these days.

dakotamaid 03-12-2010 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Now there is another issue...some third party magazine broker is somehow getting the mailing lists from the magazine publishers and sending out their own renewal notices. Be sure you are getting a legitimate renewal notice from the real publisher, and not from a third party broker.

Ditto this.

I go to the library once a week with my hubby and I read them there. Our library gets all of the quilt magazines, at least the ones I read. If there is something I can't live without I photo copy it right there. Bring it home and store in a large binder.

raptureready 03-12-2010 07:03 AM

Online or not, I paid by check through the mail, it doesn't make a difference. I love their magazine but I paid my subscription two months ago and have yet to recieve a magazine. I have, however, recieved at least two more bills and a thank you for subscribing with an offer to make it two years for only another $12.

dakotamaid 03-12-2010 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by grammyp
I am letting all my subscriptions go. I already have more planned than I can ever make. They are nice to look through, but not really worth the price these days.

There is too much emphasis on fabric lines. Most of the patterns are fairly simple and repeats from other issues. Occasionally you will find some newer things that all have been done on EQ. Just my opinion!

Horsestitcher 03-13-2010 04:52 AM

I had the same problem until I emailed them telling them if I got one more notice that I had to pay, I would cancel my subscription and never subscribe again. A short time later I got a letter of apology telling me they would correct the problem. I haven't heard from them since.

Horsestitcher 03-13-2010 04:54 AM

I'mletting mine go too. I used to subscribe to six, cut it down to three, and lately there's nothing new or inspiring in any of them. Let's face it, how many ways can you make the same quilt.

cjc 03-13-2010 05:07 AM

I get my DH a sub to a mag that he really likes. It's monthly, 3 months into the sub I start getting the "it's time to renew" mailings. Every month! What a waste of postage, no wonder subs are getting so expensive. It's almost worth it to buy it at the store to keep he junk mail out if the mailbox.

eiltcoq 03-13-2010 05:43 AM

Cathie_R, I have 10 years worth of magazine subscriptions. I
enjoyed receiving them and would love to make at least one quilt out of each magazine, but, I know, I'll never have enough time to make that many quilts.
I like the free pattern websites and pictures of quilts listed in Clothilde and other quilt magazines.
I hate to throw away the magazines because of the hard earned money spent on them.
Our Library has a good assortment of quilt books. Sew Many Quilts and Not Enough Time!! Eiltcoq.

btty 03-13-2010 05:43 AM

The thing that annoys me is when Southern Living magazine sends a subscription offer for a year at close to $40.00 and then continues to send in offers for lower amounts. The last offer I received was 13 issues for $9.00 If you wait long enough you could get it for free LOL.

Diana 03-13-2010 06:12 AM

I just renewed their Quilter's Club of America. Could not get it to function on their site with my discounted $39 subscription, so I called them to place the order. Got my confirmation and they had charged me $59. I called them and they said they could not refund the money, but they would add three months to my subscription.....then I went into my account and they now have two subscriptions lasting only 12 months, not 15.,but I now have two subscriptions running simultaneously.
I'm calling again today.....or oops, they don't work on Saturdays or Sundays.
Frustrated in TX.