Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fons & Porter Subscription (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fons-porter-subscription-t39246.html)

craftiladi 03-11-2010 11:58 AM

I paid for my subscription in nov. 2009 just got my 1st issue today and a bill was enclosed...I love F & P but had this same problem a few yrs ago and didn't renew for this very reason. Since Nov I have recieved 3 other invoices telling me to pay...I pd on line-does that make a differeance? This is the only magazine I ever have invoicing problems with..any suggestions?

PurplePassion 03-11-2010 12:03 PM

Yea, me too. They kept sending bills and saying " we hope you are enjoying your magazine". I just got my first one Monday. I'm not sure that this is going to be worth the hassle?

nativetexan 03-11-2010 12:23 PM

call them and have the look it up. McCalls did that to me. billed me for a years worth of mags in the future. they never let you owe them!!! they had two accounts for me some how. so i cancelled and got my money back I'd just sent them

justwannaquilt 03-11-2010 12:58 PM

Not a quilting magazine but my GmIL was getting two of the same magazine, sent to the same address to the same name because she paid, they billed and she paid again. It was a hassel to get it cleared up, they said well if she didn't want two magazines why did she pay for two subscriptions. :rolls eyes: because she forgot she had already paid and you sent her a bill!

I hope you get it cleared up!

kkbrand 03-11-2010 01:03 PM

I would give them a call, they are pretty good about making it right

amma 03-11-2010 01:13 PM

I paid for two years with them and they started billing me again before the first year was up :roll: I sent them an email and got it cleared up, but at the end of the subscription they shorted me one magazine. I will not subscribe to them again... Ever since they joined up with QNN their services are not the same......

craftiladi 03-11-2010 01:24 PM

I thought I had read on this board sometime ago that someone stated that F & P out sources their billing & invoicing...so I ignored the other notices to pay but this one came w/ the magazine I recieved today.
Thanks everyone for your responses. I will look up the # and give them a call.

ToucanSam 03-11-2010 01:24 PM

Well, on a related note, I subscribed to Southern Living 2 months ago. I have yet to receive ONE issue. I called today to cancel and the representative told me that it could take 30-60 DAYS to get my paid subscription refunded!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me just want to use the newsttand.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-11-2010 01:57 PM

Magazines are the WORST about sending a new bill all the time. You can look at the sticker on the front and see when you are paid up through. They start billing you again if it is less than one year ahead.

lots2do 03-11-2010 02:00 PM

The latest thing in the magazine subscription world is automatic renewal if you've used a credit card to charge a subscription. They just keep it coming!