Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fons & Porter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fons-porter-t84178.html)

penski 12-21-2010 05:54 PM

i watch it , but it is not the same without liz, i am not crazy about her daughter on the show

vickig626 12-21-2010 06:10 PM

I agree. It's just not the same without Liz. The daughter is a fairly new quilter but is trying to talk like she has her mom's expertise. Just isn't cutting it for me.

Originally Posted by june6995
i saw my first Fons and Porter show on Sunday...without Liz. Oh my gosh. That girl never stopped talking and then both of them were talking at the same time. Reminds me of The View! Listening from another room makes one want to turn the TV off.

Not the same with out Liz! She was so calm!

June in Cincinnati

gale 12-21-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longarm
On direct TV there are episodes of Fons & Porter every weekday at 6:30 am and 6:30 pm eastern time on the BYU channel 374. Some of these are older episodes without Mary Fons. Sorry, but she turns me right off, there is such a thing as listening and learning.

Eleanor Burns is on RFD channel 345 on Wed. at 2:30 and again after midnight, same program.

Hope this helps anyone who has Direct TV, I have no idea about Dish network but if do a search for quilting shows you might find something.

Longarm

Thanks-we have directv but don't put all the channels on our favorites list. I may have thought that channel was all college football or something. I'll check that out.
:thumbup:

kwiltkrazy 12-21-2010 07:25 PM

I do miss her, but the daughter is trying. I liked their last show with the twister pattern, I wish I had the article they talked about. I tried making the template, turned out okay, but if I had the directions it would probably be better.

carol dyreng 12-21-2010 08:27 PM

I wish the girl would stop saying YEP.

Dee 12-21-2010 09:29 PM

Liz is retired and Marianne said she was partially retired. I watch them every nite at 6:30 on Direct ch.374. I think Mary does the best she can. She'll learn-she's young.

craftiladi 12-21-2010 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by june6995
i saw my first Fons and Porter show on Sunday...without Liz. Oh my gosh. That girl never stopped talking and then both of them were talking at the same time. Reminds me of The View! Listening from another room makes one want to turn the TV off.

Not the same with out Liz! She was so calm!

June in Cincinnati

Now I thought just the opposite, sometimes when I watched the old shows I would get confused because both ladies talked at once but with Maryann's daughter the directions seem to be clear.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

fabricfairy 12-21-2010 10:47 PM

I just wished we got the show here in Australia...we are staved of quilting shows here we have nothing ....

thegypsy1968 12-22-2010 04:06 AM

I agree !!! I personally learn much better with videos instead of trying to follow written instructions..youtube and missouri quilt are where I got my start before I found this forum...Blessings and happy quilting.

AlienQuilter 12-22-2010 05:16 AM

I'll miss Liz, but I'm glad the show is still on.

I enjoy watching Mother and Daughter quilting together. I like the message that it sends out. That quilting isn't just for people with gray hair. And that it can be enjoyable as a shared, family hobby.

I would like to see them bring some children on the show and what projects would be good for them. Get 3 generations quilting!