Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Freezer paper in Australia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/freezer-paper-australia-t71530.html)

Mrs B 10-22-2010 03:12 AM

Our local Foodland wraps deli meat and cheese in what looks like freezer paper. I have kept the clean outer sheets so I can experiment and see if it sticks to fabric when ironed, but have not had time to do it as yet. I will let you know when I try it tomorrow.

Crlyn 10-22-2010 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Loris
Hi All I am an Aussie and have no idea what Freezer paper is used for when quilting - can someone educate me a little please

Use freezer paper for applique, paper pieciing, just google and I'm sure you will see many other uses as well.

stitchinwitch 10-22-2010 03:40 AM

If you are friendly with your meat dept, buy a roast or something and ask them to throw in an extra piece of paper Im sure they will accomodate you. Good luck

Originally Posted by Mrs B
Our local Foodland wraps deli meat and cheese in what looks like freezer paper. I have kept the clean outer sheets so I can experiment and see if it sticks to fabric when ironed, but have not had time to do it as yet. I will let you know when I try it tomorrow.

stitchinwitch 10-22-2010 03:41 AM

Remember - you can NOT expect wax paper to iron on your fabric.

nab 10-22-2010 05:19 AM

Here in Montana we buy it at WalMart. Of course with our hunting and fishing people use it all the time. When I go to Costco and buy a large package of meat I rap it in freezer paper in smaller quantities. It will keep it from being freezer burned. I love it for quilting because you can use it more than once. Have you tried on line?

arnana 10-22-2010 05:21 AM

Check out the paint department of your local Lowe's or Home Depot. They have rolls of paper that you cover windows and so forth with. It is not white but works well. It is also very reasonable.

goodluna 10-22-2010 05:47 AM

I got mine at walmart, Do you even have those in there

michlowe 10-22-2010 05:50 AM

Did you know that you can use the wrapper that photocopy paper reams come in. My co workers save it for me every time they replace the paper in the printers and photocopiers. It works great!

MomL 10-22-2010 06:15 AM

I tried the wax paper.......Disaster!!!! The wax melts when you iron it to the back of your fabric and it is awful. Thankfully I tried it on a small piece of fabric. MomL

Brenda Sue 10-22-2010 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by michlowe
Did you know that you can use the wrapper that photocopy paper reams come in. My co workers save it for me every time they replace the paper in the printers and photocopiers. It works great!

Wow. I did not know that. I just unwrapped a ream of paper to check it out. Will the printing on the wrapper bleed through on my project? We go through lots of paper here in my office and I will start saving the wrapper. I will add the wrapper to my stash and have my explanation ready for the inevitable questions about hoarding. Thanks for the information.