Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Freezer Paper-hard to find in Canada? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/freezer-paper-hard-find-canada-t188550.html)

GrannieAnnie 05-12-2012 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5211906)
As above, there's lots of sources for buying freezer paper .............. maybe you don't but many of us still eat meat!

Is this response aimed at me????????? Surely, you misunderstood my post.

GrannieAnnie 05-12-2012 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 5211943)
Is this response aimed at me????????? Surely, you misunderstood my post.

OOPS, I went back and read my post-----------------did not proof read SHOULD BE

LOL, they WILL stop making freezer paper when we quit eating meat!

I'll quit eating meat the day I die!

tjradj 05-12-2012 01:43 PM

Smile! Sounds like a cocktail that I'd drink! Maybe it's just that the ironing is easier with a little booze? JK

Re: recipe for Mary Ellen's Best Press. sorry, the link didn't come up

ewecansew 05-12-2012 09:28 PM

Home Hardware carries the Reynolds Freezer Paper. They can order it for you.

QM 05-12-2012 09:43 PM

I bought mine at Costco, but that was probably 10 years ago. I bought a huge roll that may well last my lifetime.

Ccorazone 05-13-2012 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by xsquilter (Post 5206275)
It's not that I'm going waaaaaay out of my way to look for freezer paper, but where I live, it is no where to be found! When I'm out & about, I check for it in stores where I think I might find it. Gee whiz, is it really that hard to find? I thought I might give it a whirl since, (obviously because I don't currently own any!), I've never tried it.
I will be heading over to the USA next Thursday, so I will definitely scope out some stores for it, so if anyone has the "inside scoop" exactly where, do let me know!
Maureen

Has anyone offered to ship you some. The shipping might cost a bit, but I think the paper itself is reasonable,

xsquilter 05-17-2012 05:02 AM

Thank you all for the info & many thanks to those who offered to send me some! What a great bunch here!
I succeeded in purchasing some yesterday at Tops in the US.
*callen*....indeed it is odd that I had so much difficulty finding the freezer paper when I do live in a large urban area. But like I said, I wasn't driving all around my city to look for it. I'm sure someone has it but I only checked within my area. I didn't want to waste time driving when it could be spent flinging fabric!
Now, spray starch, I have no trouble finding! Thank goodness because I've been using it while ironing long before I started quilting!
Maureen

Pam Riggs 05-17-2012 05:30 AM

Sent you a PM

Pattia 07-08-2012 02:21 PM

yes, it can be tricky to find in my town too. I had to find it in a Sobeys in Stouffville when I was driving thru one day. Not too close but they had it. The Sobeys at my corner did not have it. There were no other stores and yes I asked everywhere. It is called Freezer paper.
When I took an applique class they sold me some at about $8 for a yard. I got a whole box for about $12, talk about taking advantage of the situation.

amalowany 08-22-2012 05:11 PM

I live in Ottawa and I cannot locate it at the Canadian Tire. Can you provide me specific address of where the store(s) is so that I can pick up some freezer paper? Much appreciated.