Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fun & Done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fun-done-t16894.html)

johnette 02-28-2009 10:12 AM

You all are making me want to try it. I am anxiously awaiting more pictures.

kd124 03-02-2009 11:17 PM

Butterflywing- I reread my post and it sounded kind of confusing. It's like kankan01 said about the backing coming to the front and making a sashing. The back is a solid piece of fabric (that needs to coordinate with the front) I finished one just before the New Year and ended up liking the back better--that is why I want to figure out a way to make it so the front doesn't have sashing. Does that make sense?

The template just makes it easy to center the batting. I didn't use it to cut the back or batting

Rox17 03-03-2009 04:08 AM

Has anyone actually made one from the fun and done patterns? I got mine in the mail yesterday and maybe it's just me but it seems like to calls for a lot of fabric. The easy diamonds takes almost 20 yards of fabric for a twin size. At $9 a yard that would cost $180 for just the fabric. By the time you buy the batting you would have over $200 in it. Does that seem like a lot of fabric to anyone else? Just wondering if anyone has actually purchased the fabric and made one and if they had tons of fabric left over.

purplemem 03-03-2009 04:16 AM

That is WAY TOO much fabric for a twin size. Does this include the backing? I use about 6 yards of fabric for the front and back of a full size/queen size quilt. I haven't used the FUN and DONE pattern, just the method.

My 2 Cents worth... :-)

Rox17 03-03-2009 04:17 AM

Yes that includes the backing, but still sounds like a lot of fabric to me for a twin sized quilt.

tlrnhi 03-03-2009 04:28 AM

The only way I can figure it would take that much fabric is if you are fussy cutting patterns from the fabric and only want ONE pattern.

Mountainquilter 03-03-2009 05:46 AM

wow, that would be way tooo much fabric for a twin size quilt, even with the backing.

I made some squares, using scraps of fabric and know that I won't use anywhere near that much.

Debbie1 03-03-2009 06:46 AM

That is way too much fabric even with the backing included. I've never used that much fabric in any quilt I've made. I haven't received my fun and done yet. I ordered the easy diamond pattern too.

kimmers 03-03-2009 07:02 AM

My mom works in a quilt shop in Florida and when I talked to her the other night she had just finished a quilt using the Fun & Done and told me that I HAVE to get one. She said it is so fun and easy and quick. They have 4 of the patterns now made up in the shop. And needless to say mom has bought almost all the patterns available. (I did tell her to remember her daughter ;) )

Rose Marie 03-03-2009 07:07 AM

It is a great way to use up batting scraps. I have a ton of them left over from other quilt projects.