Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Future BOM solutions - just bouncing ideas around here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/future-bom-solutions-just-bouncing-ideas-around-here-t923.html)

kathy 04-10-2007 09:02 AM

well we've got plenty of "silly" for sure LOL

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-10-2007 09:13 AM

How how how long does a regular BOM last? I'm guessing 12 months. What if, after 12 months (if I'm correct on that one), a quilt is made? Keep on going, just make a quilt with every 12 BOM's??? (or even 16 months for 4 rows of 4 blocks???)
So, I'm just keeping to the topic (for once)..."Just bouncing ideas around here".

patricej 04-10-2007 09:38 AM

Typical BOM programs run for 12 months. However, can anybody say we are a "typical" bunch of folks around here? I think NOT. LOL

How quickly you develop a finished top is up to you. Consider the clever girl who made a whole quilt using just the Frolic block from April. Will you use just the BsOM? Will you do as I plan and add alternating blocks to frame the BsOM and expand the layout design? How big will you make each block? Do you want a wall hanging? A lap quilt? Bed size? Pillows? Table Runners and Place Mats?

I'm shooting for a nap sized sampler as a gift to a friend. I'm making each block using two or three different methods and color schemes. When one top feels "done" it'll be done and the next set of blocks will go into something else.

Because we are picking for each other and not swapping what we make, we don't have to worry about specific anything. Ain't it cool? :P

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-10-2007 11:15 AM

It doesn't really matter how long the BOM runs. I love it. I don't have a lot of time to set the blocks into a quilt right now, anyway. I've actually thought of making a 2-sided quilt with all my BOMs? I really don't know. I can wait forever, well, maybe not THAT long, but ....I'm just having fun.

quiltnurse 04-10-2007 05:14 PM

why are we making this so complex? if we post 2 blocks a month is not that enough? I am so confused and have no idea what has been going on. I sometimes feel that I have to spend every minute on line to keep up. Pleassssse lets keep it simple.

Country Quilter 04-11-2007 02:42 AM

I think two a month....it will amaze everyone how fast two weeks goes by! So then being as I am next on the list, I would pick my block on the 15th of this month and whoever is after me on the list would pick their block on the 1st of next month.....am I right?

susan s. 04-11-2007 05:23 AM

I cast my vote for two blocks per mo. sounds like a happy medium to me. I also vote not to designate any particular "type" requirements on either one. It only makes sense that ea. block has it's own thread. Of course some of us will wait a little longer to post a Block but, that's all the more time to be creative, I say.

Since we're already giving poor Admin. fits, does anyone else feel a need/desire for more emoticons. I'm w/ Patrice in her wish for that little Fall On The Floor Laughing figure. :lol: ( :twisted: Or should we start a New thread for this Subject)?

Oh!, to mellowyellow I noticed your question about color scheme in making blocks that go together. That of course is entirely at your discretion. I myself intend to do more than one sample of ea. block. One in a set of complimentary colors and another in whatever cries out to me at the time.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-11-2007 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnurse
why are we making this so complex? if we post 2 blocks a month is not that enough? I am so confused and have no idea what has been going on. I sometimes feel that I have to spend every minute on line to keep up. Pleassssse lets keep it simple.

yeah, that's enuf. I hope it wasn't my post that brought this up, if so, I'm sorry. I'm just as confused as can be. I was just thinking...
I haven't even looked at the directions for April since the day it was posted. :(
I've been so busy with the kids. They've been sick, and I got it, too. i have to give the baby breathing treatments 3 x a day.
My head is spinning from all that's been going on. All I wanna do is shut myself in my room and make something!!!!

patricej 04-11-2007 08:33 AM

no worries. the april stuff will still be there whenever you get around to it. and i have it all, too, so even less reason to worry.
;-)

ceannastahr 04-11-2007 09:20 AM

I made a folder just for the BOM's so if I want another one I know right where to go