Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/go-fabric-cutter-questions-about-accu-quilt-t237485.html)

NANAJOJO71355 12-28-2013 04:27 PM

Does anyone know where I can inexpensive dies for Accuquilt go? Thank you Jo

charsuewilson 12-28-2013 04:51 PM

I don't have one and couldn't see the sense in buying one unless you were doing tons of applique with the same shapes that they have dies for. Then someone brought one to a quilt meeting. They had the strip cutters, the rag cutter, the hex cutters. I found the strip cutters easier than using a cutting board, although I'm not sure I'd be able to use the handle, nor lift the machine. Lifting the dies is difficult enough for me. The guild asked for donations for the owner to cover replacement of the plexiglass pieces. So, now I can see some sense in having one.

ShirlR 12-29-2013 01:19 AM

I really like my Accuquilt Go! I don't have a lot of the dies, I purchased just what I thought I would use most. In addition to the dies that came with the package, I bought the 2-1/2 inch strip and the 5" charm dies. What really intrigued me was the log cabin die and I really like that one! Right now I am using it to make 6" log cabin blocks for a wall hanging and I am very pleased with it. I waited for a good sale to get the Go and the dies.

carolaug 12-29-2013 09:21 AM

I also really like it to tame my scraps...I have the studio, but I use my Go when I am watching TV with the hubby to cut up my small pieces into 2 1/2 and also 2 inch squares for leader and ender quilts.

margecam52 12-29-2013 10:56 AM

There is a block that the sizzix needs to make the go dies fit. My Sizzix came with that block (I've since sold the Sizzix). You could probably get a piece of wood cut to fit....once you can figure out how thick it needs to be...seemed about 1/2 to 3/4" if I recall.

nancia 12-29-2013 02:24 PM

Like most, i love my go! I don't use it every time , but i use it a lot. It's fantastic for doing a bunch of stuff quickly and accurately. Buy on sale and it's worth it financially. Decide what patterns you like most, then start with those dies. I have several of the strip dies because they make border cutting a snap, and I can sub cut into squares easily. I pick up less used dies, like the dog and cat, when they are on sale. Hate to limit my options!

BETTY62 12-29-2013 09:11 PM

I have the "GO" and love it. If you are making quilts, it is a real time saver as you can cut out a full size quilt in a few hours. For more information and details on the cutter and to see the dies that are available , check out the Accu Quilt web site. They also have a large selection of dies for appliques and free patterns are available.

A big welcome from Texas.

MFord 12-29-2013 09:36 PM

I have trouble cutting much at a time as I have arthritis in both hands. Had thought of asking for the Go for Christmas until I learned you have to hand crank it. Did I mention tendinitis in my elbow as well? Makes me wince just to think of it! So how hard are they to crank? Are there any that use electricity instead? I have lots of that available!

gale 12-29-2013 11:13 PM

I had trouble cranking the Go too. The Big Shot is easier but still has to be cranked. There is an electric Big Shot but it's only about 6" wide so you could only use narrower dies in it. I think it's called the Big Shot Express. I've never tried it.

qwkslver 12-30-2013 02:24 AM

I use mine a lot but they are expensive to maintain.