Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got in a slump (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-slump-t91297.html)

lovingmama 01-17-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I think it's because we all worked so hard to get things done before Christmas and were used to working under a LOT of pressure from every direction--the house, the sewing machine, the kitchen, the stores. Now the shopping, cooking, cleaning, sewing, etc., is all done and the pressure's gone. We've used ourselves up and need some time to re-fuel. The best thing I've found is to go on a retreat, take a class, go to a quilt show, or something like that to get yourself back in the mood. (I'm leaving for a weeks retreat early Friday morning).

I think you nailed it!

lovingmama 01-17-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by skavanau
Yeah We could meet at the quilt show. PM me if you want to get together. I guess to thats really why Im diffenetly going. I think walking amoung all that FABRIC will help me.

Already sounds better, I've think the quilting bug is slowly but surely returning!

Enjoy your time together!

Dawnmarieodya 01-17-2011 09:15 AM

I have the same problem but havent finished a couple of Christmas lap quilts.Our son and 4 grand kids moved in three weeks ago and Ive been so busy doing laundry aand school home work every night and just picking up that i havent even started on un finished quilts.Every thing got throwen in my sewing room to make room so havent gone in there.I need help in setting up my room.Im over welmed by the sorting and rearanging.I live in casa grande,Az so it would be fun to go to a quilt show never been to one.Tucson has one coming up.Have been told it is a great one.

skavanau 01-17-2011 03:15 PM

Well Im going if you want to meet me there PM me . I have my daughter and GD, that MAY be going. So let me know if your interested.

0tis 01-17-2011 07:35 PM

I have been in a slump too- I think it has to do with the winter also - I notice that I kind of slow down in winter - I have a baby quilt on the LA - and only 1/2 done - the baby will be born in Feb. so I better get on it.

bjnicholson 01-17-2011 07:37 PM

Yes. I do right now. I finally cut out a mini bow tuck this afternoon, but I've only sewn the front pocket together. At this rate it will make a nice Christmas gift for someone!

juliea9967 01-18-2011 04:15 AM

I do the same thing once or twice a year. I think I just burn out for awhile. Pretty soon though I am back at it. Guess I occasionally just need a "rest" from sewing.

nantucketsue 01-18-2011 04:49 AM

Me too. I have a baby quilt project but having problems with the design and can't find the fabrics I want. Without the fabric I can't finalise the design so it's a vicious circle. The baby is already six months old!

psychonurse 01-18-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by dforesee
I am having the same problem, but in my case it is due to letting my day job stress get in the way. Quilting used to be my relaxation and mental getaway from stress, but lately my job has been so stressful that I am too mentally exhausted to do anything else. I was just telling myself I need to get a handle on this, if no other way, by committing to spend at least a few minutes each day quilting. I "long" to get back to it; just can't seem to find the energy.

The above is exactly how I feel. I have been on vacation this week and have got nothing done. I love my sewing room and the purr of my sm. Why is the stress of this JOB getting in the way of my fun.

blzzrdqueen 01-18-2011 05:41 AM

I'm feeling the same thing. I just want to rest, and not do anything...I've been working on a bow tuck and a quilt top for 2 weeks...only sewing once in a while...I just don't have the energy or patience!