Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got in a slump (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-slump-t91297.html)

AnnieH 01-18-2011 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I think it's because we all worked so hard to get things done before Christmas and were used to working under a LOT of pressure from every direction--the house, the sewing machine, the kitchen, the stores. Now the shopping, cooking, cleaning, sewing, etc., is all done and the pressure's gone. We've used ourselves up and need some time to re-fuel.

Allow yourself 'me' time to recover. Don't get into the self-blame game.
Positive thoughts from across the pond.

craftiladi 01-19-2011 04:35 AM

I am so relieved to see so many others in the same mode. I haved clean & reorganized several areas in my sewing rm,even painted a few old storage type containers to hold fat quaters-its everything but sewing lately...I tell myself its all good because its sewing related. Like so many of you I also have other hobbies so I feel they all get equal time. yep don't stress over it..."This to Shall Pass". Thank-you everyone for sharing.

lots2do 01-19-2011 05:41 AM

Don't beat yourself up for "wasting time" when you don't have the energy to quilt or create. Think of it as a resting and rebuilding time.

iltoaz 01-19-2011 11:17 AM

I'm in Mesa also. Is that the show at the Fairgrounds? I haven't been for a while and thought I might make it this year. Thanks

Kieta 01-19-2011 01:49 PM

i'm in the same slump. i feel burned out. i've been to a couple of quilt shops, walked in and walked out with out buying anything. i told my husband something is seriously wrong with me.
i guess i'm on a time out from quilting for a while. eventually, inspiration will strike and i'll be back at it as well.

mrs theo 01-19-2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready

Originally Posted by skavanau
OF COURSE Im going to the quilt show. And I live in Mesa now to. We had to downsize....

You guys should get together since you both live in the same town now. Maybe you could car pool to the show. Maybe a luncheon get together and mini-shop hop would get you both in the mood to start in again. Sounds like so much fun I wish I lived in Mesa too.

I wish I lived in Mesa, too! I lived in Phoenix when I was a kid and loved it there...I hate being cold!!! It would be fun to get together with someone from the board : )

luckylindy333 01-19-2011 07:57 PM

I don't know how I broke out of it- but I finally got into my sewing room and got out a project that I cut out before Christmas. Now I have it spread out on my sewing room floor- my "quilt wall". I am going out of state for a four day weekend, have mixed feelings about leaving my quilt in progress... I am going to see some friends from high school, class of '67!

Emjay 01-19-2011 09:48 PM

Same here.....I don't have the get up and go I've had before Christmas.

Too much going on and not enough strength to keep up.

I'm changing my pace just a bit to see if it helps.
Also, I've built my stash up to such a degree that I don't go shopping for more fabric. Trying to use what I have and only add when I need it. It seems that a trip to a quilt shop stirs some enthusiasm and it's fun to see the new stuff.

Alondra 01-21-2011 08:25 PM

Yep, sure does! Just enjoy the respite and don't kick yourself. You'll get back on track soon. :)

craftiladi 01-23-2011 08:33 AM

I do believe I read the advise of " 15 minutes of sewing" here but..... {& I apologize I don't remember who posted it}
I took that adivise last week and it worked for me. I think we get this mental thing going of the task as hand & end up telling ourselves we don't have enough time right now but telling yourself you will sew for just 15 minutes,,,,,it really does work...TRY IT..and again thank-you to the orginal poster.