Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got a surprise in our Walmart today........ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-surprise-our-walmart-today-t46341.html)

Sharon321 05-18-2010 07:36 PM

cinnya, Yes, we have some fabric. The jelly rolls were originaly 19.97. This is the Walmart in Mesquite at 80 and Beltline Rd.

cinnya 05-18-2010 07:44 PM

Betsy, we have a Joanns, Hobby Lobby and 2 quilting stores, so If I need to buy fabric from a bolt, there are places I can get it.
The only drawback I see about the fabric in walmart, you have to make sure you get enough of the precut fabric for your project.

cinnya 05-18-2010 07:51 PM

Sharon it sounds like they are getting ready to remodel your store. That's how it started here ,they marked down the fabric and it seems it was no time, before the dept was empty.
the clerks all said that once the fabric is gone that they wouldn't carry it anymore.That is why I was so surprised when I walked into the store this afternoon

raptureready 05-18-2010 08:22 PM

CAUTION!!!! Jelly rolls at Walmart aren't like jelly rolls at the fabric store. Sometimes the cut is off and the fabrics selections are weirder. A friend of mine bought some and found that she'd have one strip of one fabric and maybe 3 or 4 of the next one. Not that I wouldn't use them, just saying "buyer beware", know what you're getting. I will add that my friend made a beautiful quilt top from hers it just took a bit more thought.

1quilt_gma 05-19-2010 12:48 AM

Could this be a coming trend? Or maybe a trial run for future possibilities? Great news.

mimee4 05-19-2010 05:14 AM

That is reassuring news. Our WalMart still has nice fabric and lots of it.

mrsalshhadeh 05-19-2010 05:21 AM

the walmart near m e has done away with their favric section,,, :cry: needless to say I m very sad by this,, now it is so hard t get fabric here in Puerto Rico. I guess the warm weather makes people wonder if they need quilts,,, I am hoping I can sweet talking my mother to send me care packages!!!lol.. Like when I was deployed,, but not food,, but QUILTING SUPPLIES!!!! lol..

Jingle 05-19-2010 05:22 AM

I don't need anymore fabrics either but, wouldn't stop me. I would have bought a bunch to let them know I would be buying more of it.

racnquilter 05-19-2010 06:48 AM

Cinnya, I too am from the area, Walters, work at FS. Go to Duncan WM to shop occasionally, yesterday in fact, and they still have the fabric dept. Was glad since WM has some interfacing that I love to use in purses and wallets that Joann's doesn't have. I bought 5 yards yesterday. And couldn't resist a few other fabrics, LOL.

cinnya 05-19-2010 06:58 AM

What a small world.I have friends in Walters.I live just north of Lawton, by Lake Lawtonka,and I work in the Tire industry LOL, you know what that is ,I think.
You have to excuse my english ,I was born and raised in Germany and even after all those years I still type with an accent. :D
you have to go and check out those purse pattern ad fabric in this walmart. really pretty. I am thinking about getting the leopard and turquoise fabric to make one.....I like to live on the wild side LOL