Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guilty (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guilty-t221840.html)

GailG 05-20-2013 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by dd (Post 6073506)
Nope! I don't like being hot in the sun. don't like being sunburned. don't like bugs. don't like to sweat. don't like wind blowing my project around. don't like gardening.
I do like to sew in the comfort of my home with screens and sunshades and air conditioning and TV and all the other comforts.
I do hang my laundry out though.

I could have written this post -- all except for the hanging out laundry. The most hanging I do is over clothes hangers inside the house. I really DO like riding around the countryside on a bright sunny day.

DebraK 05-20-2013 05:04 AM

yes, that would make a big difference. Baby always came first.

BellaBoo 05-20-2013 05:05 AM

I live in the south and you won't catch me out in the sun on purpose after mid morning. I don't feel guilty doing what I want to do with my time.

quilter68 05-20-2013 05:10 AM

I like the sun but I am a redhead and burn all the time. In the '40's and '50's I had blisters all the time. Now I do not get enough sun so I take vit.D as recommended by the doctor. I would like to live where it is 70 year-round. I do live in Southeastern PA. I feel 'HAPPY" when the sun is shinning.

I don't know how to add my correct age to my siggy. I will soon be 72, WOW.

Cagey 05-20-2013 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Auntevie (Post 6073503)
Haha! I do! I am sometimes secretly happy when it's raining out!

And I thought I was the only one who sometimes wishes for a rainy day! We're suppose to have t-storms all week and I secretly took a sigh of relief. I have so many UFOs I'd like to get done.

joyce888 05-20-2013 05:54 AM

Yes. I feel the same as auntevie about being happy it's raining.

Snooze2978 05-20-2013 05:59 AM

Its just now starting to be nice outside..............when its not raining that is. As I have a yard and gardens to take care of, I spend the mornings outside working and when it starts to get hot, I come in to sew. This has been working for me for the couple of years since I moved to Iowa from Florida. My sewing room is in the basement is the only sour note and has only 1 small window to view out but its cool down here so there's another up note. Every morning I take a walk around the yard to see what needs to be done, do it if I can and then I get to play the rest of the day without regrets. I'm loving my retired life.

Suz in Iowa

tessagin 05-20-2013 06:08 AM

I quit buying tickets for guilt trips a long time ago! This weekend it was in the 90s. I will sew in the comfort of my A/C. The wind was fierce but hot. Guilty? Nope. I plead innocent!

MargeD 05-20-2013 06:22 AM

Absolutely not. I'd rather be sewing, but that's just me.

Caswews 05-20-2013 07:01 AM

LOL Nopers .. love to quilt, sew and craft when its cold or hot out-when the sun is shining or not !LOL Our dog has a door to go out all the time (regardless of the weather!) and we are both happy !LOL Don't get me wrong I go camping and all those other wonderful things outdoors but some days all I want to do is to sew ! LOL
I garden, help with the mowing of the lawn (I am the grass bag holder !LOL)and many other outside chores (weeding, moving things around etc...)so I feel I get enough Vitamin D on those wonderful days, which are just as wonderful when I am sewing ...