Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancock's Fabrics ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancocks-fabrics-t183921.html)

MacThayer 03-26-2012 09:15 AM

I placed one on line order to Hancocks, based on reputation alone, and was bitterly disappointed. I couldn't return it because it was on sale. The colors bled so badly that the fabric was almost unrecognizable after I washed it in warm water (100 degrees F.) and small amount of vinegar. I don't dare use this in anything permanent because it won't stop bleeding. So now all of it is in my "practice fabric" bin. Pretty expensive practice fabric considering I could pick up loads of cheap stuff at the local thrift shops! I've never bought from them again.

crafty pat 03-26-2012 09:28 AM

I was there last week and bought some good kona solids on sale , however I bought a print to back a quilt I am making for my DGD when I got home I noticed how bad the weave was. The print is so perfect for the top that I will use it anyway, however I will be careful to look closer next time I buy from them.

lfw045 03-26-2012 10:20 AM

I always go to the Tidewater Hancock Fabrics store in Va Beach when I am there....so no I haven't noticed. Here in Lynchburg, there is only a Joann's and most of the time the fabric there is the ugliest stuff I've ever seen. I can only wish there was a Hancock Fabrics up here! I do have the option of 3 LQS here though so that helps.

Jingle 03-26-2012 10:21 AM

I went to a Hancocks years ago and was cheated a lot. I haven't been around any of their stores again. They only get one chance to cheat me. I now have all the fabrics I need to last several life times and don't plan on buying anymore from anyone.

KathyPhillips 03-26-2012 11:20 AM

What pattern is your avatar? It really looks nice. Would love to see a larger one.

glenda5253 03-26-2012 11:37 AM

I haven't been to Hancocks lately but the last couple of times I was, I also was disappointed in the quality of the cottons. It seems to have made a decline about the time our store was remodeled to be more of an all-inclusive "craft store". Was sad to see this happen.

QUILTNMO 03-26-2012 11:55 AM

ihardly go to hannocks anymore in my area the women that work there dont seem helpful

Lavada 03-26-2012 12:08 PM

All our Joann's Hobby Lobby and others here are not the greatest

TexasGurl 03-26-2012 01:00 PM

Most of the Hancocks around here closed years ago, there may be a few still in Houston but the last time I was in one - maybe a year ago ? there wasn't one fabric I even wanted to buy. The store was an awful mess too, no surprise, either ... sad

carolynjo 03-26-2012 01:16 PM

I am fortunate to have 2 Hancock's stores near me--a half hour in either direction. I purchased one piece of fabric last week that is stiff. I have washed it and it is still stiff, but I will use it anyway to finish a quilt that I am making to give away. The design is pretty and it will work out nicely in the design I have planned. I mostly shop at Hancock's as I can't really afford the quilt shops anymore.