Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancocks of Paducah (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancocks-paducah-t78666.html)

krabadan 11-25-2010 04:57 PM

I've always had prompt service unless the item was back ordered. Even then, though I didn't have a really long wait.

sewmagic 11-25-2010 10:50 PM

Just ordered some fabric with free shipping. Must say the order came in a couple of days later. Not a problem!!!

Jan in VA 11-26-2010 01:05 AM

I've been ordering from them for 20 years or more and have never had a delayed delivery. Once, when I lived in TX, an Olfa cutting mat arrived slightly warped; they sent a new one immediately and refused to have the damaged one sent back to them.

Jan in VA

quilterella 11-26-2010 01:50 AM

I also ordered a catalog and never received it...so I definitely won't be ordering anything from them.

quilter on the eastern edge 11-26-2010 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by quilterella
I also ordered a catalog and never received it...so I definitely won't be ordering anything from them.

I had problems getting my catalogue. I emailed them about it and they said they were having problems with their international shipping (of a catalogue? to Canada?). Finally, I complained about it on their Facebook site and I had the catalogue shortly after that. They certainly don't want the bad publicity.

BTW, getting the Hancock's catalogue is like getting the Sears Christmas Wish Book in August. It is dog-earred and well-worn from use!!

plainpat 11-26-2010 03:47 AM

I ordered there once & after 3 wks of nothing,sent several e mails & it seemed they didn't have the fabric I'd ordered.No prob, the prob was in not letting me know.Most ppl like them.
I send orders to places that have good CS.
One reason I love Thousands of Bolts is because their order page shows you how many yards of any fabric they have.

Originally Posted by IrishNY
I ordered from them once and it took a long time and they didn't send one of the items. When I emailed, they were less than helpful, so I canceled the item. They replied I couldn't cancel online but had to call. I told them if they could take my money online, they could certainly cancel an order online. After another round they canceled it and I decided to not order from them again. Just my experience...

rustqlts 11-26-2010 08:01 AM

I'm definitely one of the lucky ones. I've never had a less than positive experience when ordering from them. My daughter in Australia usually receives her orders within two weeks.

gollytwo 11-26-2010 08:15 AM

I'm a big Hancock Paducah fan; great sales.
I get their deliveries about the same as other vendors, maybe a little longer; seldom in a rush so doesn't matter to me.
Rarely buy full price except if I need for a current project.
My one objection is that they insist on using my first name - drives me nuts.
It's one of my pet peeves in life - to be addressed by my Christian name by perfect strangers.

plainpat 11-26-2010 08:40 AM

LOL......I answer to Pat,Patti & Patricia, but not to Patsy.I was in a Dr's office line once when they kept calling for Patsy. Took her a while to realize I was there.

Originally Posted by gollytwo
I'm a big Hancock Paducah fan; great sales.
I get their deliveries about the same as other vendors, maybe a little longer; seldom in a rush so doesn't matter to me.
Rarely buy full price except if I need for a current project.
My one objection is that they insist on using my first name - drives me nuts.
It's one of my pet peeves in life - to be addressed by my Christian name by perfect strangers.

sak658 11-26-2010 01:53 PM

I have requested a catalog several times, and I have yet received one, so I don't guess they want my business.