Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   has any body ever ripped out working on a project twice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-any-body-ever-ripped-out-working-project-twice-t307182.html)

lorimax5859 10-01-2019 05:47 AM

Wow!!! You hit the jackpot!

tuckyquilter 10-01-2019 07:13 AM

Score on the fabric....
Yes, I have ripped out quilt parts "more than once, twice and ??" The Last Mystery quilt I made was more ripping than sewing or so it seemed. I'm experienced, but for some reason that particular pattern scrambled my normal thinking. I finally got it done and gave to a friend for a huge favor they did for me.

Jordan 10-01-2019 07:39 AM

Yes, I have ripped out many seams and re-sewed just cause I am such a perfectionist and that really frustrates me. I put it all on myself and that is why I don't get too many quilts done.
You really got a great deal on the garage sale. All that fabric will keep you busy for awhile and it is very pretty fabrics. Enjoy sewing them up.

Ellen 1 10-01-2019 09:33 AM

Hello Don, The bright fabrics seem a bit out of your box and I cannot wait to see what you make with them.

And, yes I have ripped out large areas to “fix” something that I notice when the quilt top is all pieced and ready to quilt.

Ellen

Cheshirepat 10-01-2019 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think it was just a 'bad brain' week - I ended up sewing most of a "simple" half square triangle quilt 2x. I managed to put both blocks rows on backwards. It really steamed me at the time and now it lingers with a border but no backing yet. I feel like we need some space before we can approach each other again! You got some beautiful fabrics there - enjoy!

sewingitalltogether 10-01-2019 11:10 AM

Yes. My current work is a Vintage Rose of Judy Niemeyer. It has a large arc for a petal and one for the other side. I lost count of how many times I've ripped out the same seam!! I'm not a newbie at her patterns. This is #3 of her patterns. But holy cow. I had at least 3 days last week where I have sewn all day and made no progress. Sew a little, rip a little.

Cheshirecatquilter 10-02-2019 09:17 AM

No. Not me. Never. Ooops! my nose just grew 3" longer. I am not only on a first name basis with my seam ripper, I have applied to adopt it and give it legal status.

littlebitoheaven 10-02-2019 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi! The Binding Tool Quilt that I just finished was a quilt that I made so many mistakes on that it took me forever to finish. At one point, I had all the blocks (16") sewn together and realized that I had 2 sets of 4 blocks rotated and sewn in wrong. I stewed over it for a couple of days and then decided to take the whole quilt apart and start over. I did it and then used 6 yards of bias tape (that I made), sewed it on the quilt to hide the outrageous mistake and finished it! I am so happy that I did. I love the quilt and so does my son. Whew!!! Dodged another bullet, as they used to say! Yolanda

[ATTACH=CONFIG]618056[/ATTACH]