Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone tried this yet, or even seen it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-tried-yet-even-seen-t243322.html)

ziegamomma 03-17-2014 04:50 AM

Z, I agree with your subject heading suggestion. All the "Need help, please" subject headings are so vague, Ihave almost quit reading them.
As for the detergent, I will continue to sort. My experience with other detergents in the past is that the mixing of colors dulls the whites and lights. I wash darks in a detergent for dark clothes. That makes a real difference in preserving the dark colors.

Weezy Rider 03-17-2014 04:52 AM

I was everything in cold water and don't sort. New blue jeans get washed by themselves for a bit. Fabric that bleeds also gets washed. I use Ecos Baby Laundry detergent.

tessagin 03-17-2014 04:58 AM

I'm going to just continue on as I've done my laundry in the pass. There's always that one little step they forget to tell you about. I do my whites together in warm and everything else in cold. I bleach very little since I've found ammonia gets rid of any grease and most stains as long as I presoak. I have a basket for presoaks sitting on top of the washer and all things needing presoak go in to it. While those get presoaked, I sort the rest of the laundry.

garysgal 03-17-2014 11:28 AM

I for one don't mind how she worded her thread. I thinks it entices you to check it out. I'm glad I did, I just learned about a new product that might help with quilting! Thanks for posting it yngldy.

ManiacQuilter2 03-17-2014 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelady (Post 6630051)
My son does his own laundry. He tried "no sorting" (different detergent than one discussed here.)
He now has pink t-shirts. I think he may sort from now on..

I HOPE he look fabulous in pink. Wish you had a picture to post. I will stick with Color catchers. It works and that is what counts.

barny 03-17-2014 01:23 PM

I see nothing wrong with the titles of threads. If we're interested enough we'll read.

Weezy Rider 03-17-2014 02:30 PM

Years ago, with a wringer washer and no auto fill, you did the sheets in the hottest water and progressed downward in the same water to the work clothes in cold. Didn't seem to hurt anything.

sept97 03-17-2014 03:43 PM

for 36 years I have never separated colors, when I have enough for a load I do it

judylg 03-17-2014 08:09 PM

I agree with you. I looked and so did anyone else who looked at the quesiton.
Getting to the question, I think for most of my wash I will continue to sort, now I do have a navy t shirt that has white arms, it might be good for this as the white is not as white as I would like to see.

Originally Posted by garysgal (Post 6631502)
I for one don't mind how she worded her thread. I thinks it entices you to check it out. I'm glad I did, I just learned about a new product that might help with quilting! Thanks for posting it yngldy.

maviskw 03-18-2014 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by garysgal (Post 6631502)

I don't really like this kind of title for a thread, but it got me in here. I just have to click on it to see what it is about. Gullible I guess.