Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone tried this yet, or even seen it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-tried-yet-even-seen-t243322.html)

yngldy 03-16-2014 11:51 AM

Has anyone tried this yet, or even seen it?

I was pulling coupons out of the Sunday paper today and saw one for Purex No Sort laundry soap. The ad said you can wash light and darks together with no run. I guess it takes the place of color catchers, one less step. (I tend to forget to throw them in.) Anyway, wondered if anyone tried it and has any input?

Annie68 03-16-2014 11:53 AM

Hmmm, sounds like a pretty good product if it works. Haven't seen it in my stores yet, may look for it.

meyert 03-16-2014 01:28 PM

I saw the coupon too. I cut them out because I will probably check it out.. but haven't heard anything about it yet

Onebyone 03-16-2014 01:42 PM

I will certainly try it. I use Tide Pods but if this works as claims it's a winner.

dunster 03-16-2014 01:48 PM

The web site holds this warning:
* Purex® No Sort™ detergent is packed with innovation, but it can’t perform miracles, so please follow these words of advice: wash strongly colored fabrics or new pieces of clothing, especially jeans, separately at least 5 times before doing a mixed color load with Purex® No Sort™ detergent

So if you need to wash your strongly colored fabric 5 times before using - is that a good product for quilting?

peaceandjoy 03-16-2014 04:03 PM

One of the major brands, either Tide or Cheer, did this a few years ago. Although I never tried it personally, I seem to remember that the lighter colors became dull. I haven't heard about it or seen it any more, so assume it did not sell well enough to warrant shelf space.

DogHouseMom 03-16-2014 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 6629782)
The web site holds this warning:
* Purex® No Sort™ detergent is packed with innovation, but it can’t perform miracles, so please follow these words of advice: wash strongly colored fabrics or new pieces of clothing, especially jeans, separately at least 5 times before doing a mixed color load with Purex® No Sort™ detergent

So if you need to wash your strongly colored fabric 5 times before using - is that a good product for quilting?

sounds like regular laundry detergent to me. I always wash my whites with my other clothes that have been washed several times - no problems. And I usually use hot water.

Bluelady 03-16-2014 05:08 PM

My son does his own laundry. He tried "no sorting" (different detergent than one discussed here.)
He now has pink t-shirts. I think he may sort from now on..

celwood 03-17-2014 03:53 AM

I tend to wash my whites in hot water and the colors in cold water...

Z 03-17-2014 04:28 AM

Title of Your Thread

May I suggest that you give your thread a more specific title instead of the vague information one of "Has anyone tried this yet, or even seen it?" If it said Has anyone tried * Purex® No Sort™ detergent yet, or even seen it?; I would be more apt to read and reply. Maybe it's just me.