Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has your stash grown? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-your-stash-grown-t275969.html)

tlpa 02-22-2016 11:28 AM

Since 2011 I would say is when I required the majority of my stash. I do have a limited amount of space though and am now trying to use only what I have. I've also got moving on my mind in the next few years, so have started to go through it....sold some fabric and gave some away in the last year....but think I still ended up with more this year than last. I keep it mostly in 20-25qt bins, with one shelving unit having neatly piled fabric. I keep trying to get rid of OTHER items so I can use basement shelving for fabric lol!

Kitsie 02-22-2016 12:59 PM

It's grown only with fabric I've bought and used for quilts. I bought one piece of fabric 3 years ago "just because I liked it" and its still in the cupboard!

trolleystation 02-22-2016 01:12 PM

I have not bought much fabric in the last 3-4 years. I have no fear of running out. The church quilting group that I belong to is always asking me if I can put a quilt or two together from donated fabrics. I always try to use some of my stash in these quilts but somehow or other, my stash still 'GROWS'. I have about only 20 totes and sure did feel wonderful when I read posts telling about the amounts of stash that some members have.

garysgal 02-22-2016 05:03 PM

Mine has really grown. I am trying to downsize but with prices what they are today, I hate to get rid of fabric if I might need it later. I probably won't live long enough to use it all up but I am trying!

1screech 02-22-2016 05:06 PM

I did not see a photo.

caspharm 02-22-2016 06:02 PM

It has grown, but at a much slower pace in the past 2 years. I've realized I can't buy everything:(.

MargeD 02-22-2016 07:11 PM

I have managed to eliminate one or two totes of my stash, despite my efforts to use it up. I swear it multiplies while I'm sleeping. I'm on a limited budget so I try to buy just what I need for projects and use up my stash, but I don't see a lot of progress. Maybe this year, since I may have hopefully had my last hospital visit and rehab for a long while. The last 2 years I was very limited in what I could do because of 2 shoulder surgeries, the first to repair a badly torn rotator cuff, then having that shoulder replaced, which has made a huge difference. I'm finally able to do things without a lot of pain, so I'm catching up on all my UFO's and projects I have been unable to work on, so hopefully 2016 will be a very productive year for me, especially since I have a table at 2 fairs this year. Wish me luck.

zozee 02-22-2016 07:55 PM

Mine has grown, but I've also given, sold, and used up about as much as I've bought so that I'm only keeping what gives me joy. It's pretty well under control. Two dressers and a short bookcase plus some small scrap bins. When I start to feel stuffed, I pare down. I like to organize it almost as much as I like to cut, sew, and give it away in quilt form!

Melanie Rudy 02-22-2016 08:44 PM

I don't have a big stash, just a good selection if I get a whim to quilt. It stays the same in amount, but seems to change colors. But...my scrap pile grows and grows! Seriously, it's self-propagating!

patski 02-22-2016 08:48 PM

my stash is down a lot. I made over a thousand beads of courage bags and used all the fabric I didn't like for lining and used up all of my kids fabric for the outer bag. I love that I can see all of my fabric now and it is shrinking now that I am back to making quilts!!