Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever fallen in love with fabric you don't want to cut it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-fallen-love-fabric-you-dont-want-cut-t185009.html)

RkayD 04-04-2012 03:15 PM

Surely! Thats how a stash starts... =)

auntpiggylpn 04-04-2012 04:43 PM

I have my favorites too! The ones that are too beautiful to cut. These lovely pieces have a special place on my shelves, separated from the other fabrics that too are pretty but won't feel like I am cutting off my arm when I cut them for a quilt. They get special attention too. I often take the yardages out, unfold them, admire them, pet them, let them get some fresh air and then refold them and place them back on the shelf. I often will just glance over at them and give them a loving look when I am working on a project. They will probably still be uncut when I leave this earth. They quite possibly could line my coffin or maybe they will be wrapped around me mummy style!!!

hperttula123 04-04-2012 05:05 PM

Oh, ya. I think alot of us have a few fabrics like that. I have started using some of the ones I've been hanging onto for so many years now. It's very hard. Some, I just look at, fold back up and stick it back on the shelf. :)

auntpiggylpn 04-04-2012 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Krisb (Post 5116592)
Or the sidelights pattern, which I have fabric for. When I get to it. Someday. The fabric I am most unable to cut was dyed by my sister for me. Logically, I know that fabric just sitting on the shelf isn't bringing any joy to anyone, but emotionally, I just can't take a cutter to it.

But. . . it brings joy to me!!!!

DeMaris 04-04-2012 05:46 PM

I have way more than I need of fabric like that. I am going to start selling it off soon. I figure that if someone wants to make something out of it it will go to a better home and be used...LOL. Lets see what I actually part with...LOL.

jemma 04-04-2012 07:08 PM

why feel guilty if you have a peice of fabric that brings you joy to look at---- go on looking--
it is after all someones design [ART] made to make you feel

auntpiggylpn 04-04-2012 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by DeMaris (Post 5117055)
I have way more than I need of fabric like that. I am going to start selling it off soon. I figure that if someone wants to make something out of it it will go to a better home and be used...LOL. Lets see what I actually part with...LOL.

Can't wait to see your posting in the Thrift shop/Yard sale category!!!

irishrose 04-04-2012 07:14 PM

I have one that I started to use in a mystery quilt and just couldn't - it's just too pretty to use when the end product isn't known. I will cut it when I can use a pattern that will showcase it. Warm Wishes, maybe.

Stitch124 04-05-2012 03:24 AM

I just bought some beautiful fabric for a wall hanging. It's actually in fat quarters. They are folded into triangles to stack and then they are tied together to for a star. I hate to break up the star of fat quarters in order to cut up ... but the wall hanging will look so pretty! Now if I could just learn to quilt!

liese 04-05-2012 03:29 AM

Fabric you love and don't want to cut?

I'm finding I make a much better collector than a cutter of fabrics. I just love looking at them, touching them, folding and re-folding, etc. Guess I would get more cut and sewn if I spent less time looking at everyone else's work on this board. LOL