Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever made the same quilt or other project twice? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-made-same-quilt-other-project-twice-t114446.html)

Lyncat 04-09-2011 04:28 PM

I made 2 that were very similar. I bought enough fabric for both quilts because I knew my sister would really want one when she saw it. The second one was a surprise for her.

penski 04-09-2011 04:41 PM

yes i did that once because i liked the way the first one turned out and wanted to try it in another color

Stitchit123 04-09-2011 04:50 PM

I've made different quilts with the same fabrics but not the same pattern but I want to attempt a Bargello and I may make a few as gifts and hopefully one for me

Maybe1day 04-09-2011 04:50 PM

Yes : I have twin beds in one of my guest bedrooms and so I made two matching quilts for this room.

I have had a request to make another quilt in the same pattern and colouring as the original one I made (for sale) and a quilt I made for a friend was very much liked and the family want me to make another one in the same pattern for us so I am about to do this as well. Both these quilts were quick and easy to make and although I am using the same pattern the materials although similar in colour will also be different.

I do prefer to make something different but if that is what they want then that is what I will do.

Maybe1day

EskapetheNorm 04-09-2011 05:05 PM

I love fabric, and am very capable of calculating exact yardages ... but that seems to take some of the fun out of things. I have found with certain patterns creating two quilts of mirror image makes things go quicker. So, I often make two quilts of the same pattern ... one for the current need, and by the time the other gets done I usually have a need for it as well!

Rose Bagwell 04-09-2011 05:12 PM

I have done a certain pattern more than twice, some even 4 times. It depends on the pattern. The easier the pattern, the more I will use it.

Quilter7x 04-09-2011 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've made several things several times. My avatar is called Center Stage and I've probably made 7-8 of them. I have made 3 baby quilts with bunnies in them and have made several sets of placemets using the bottle pattern. Once I make something, if I like the outcome, I will do it again. Ease of making it doesn't matter. I swore after making the first set of bottle placemats that I would never make them again because you have to pin and ease so much, but they are different and I really like them.

Bottle placemats and table runner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181927[/ATTACH]

MerryQuilter 04-09-2011 05:22 PM

Yes especially these chenille throws, have made many for gifts for niece and nephew weddings and lately for babies. Soo cozy

Cagey 04-09-2011 05:23 PM

I made my first log cabin quilt and it turned out to be more like a 'wonky log cabin' so i made it again. luckily i had just enough material left. Turned out better the second time! Guess that's how you learn.

MerryQuilter 04-09-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
I've made several pinwheel quilts, potato chip quilts, and the log cabin heart quilts, but never the same colors.

Never heard of potato chip pattern, what is it like?