Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever made the same quilt or other project twice? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-made-same-quilt-other-project-twice-t114446.html)

Magoo 04-09-2011 08:46 AM

I needed to make two identical twin size quilts for GDs who share a room. Fortunately, a friend suggested I do them both at the same time because I may not want to repeat. She was absolutely right. The pattern has QST, HST, etc., not my favorite things to do. The quilts turned out very well and I'm glad the challenge was accepted. It's a pleasure to think of them snuggled under them every night.

pkelly1947 04-09-2011 08:51 AM

I have made several patterns more than once. I find the carpentar's star pattern just like a jigsaw puzzle & I enjoy doing these puzzles.

vintagemotif 04-09-2011 08:58 AM

Same pattern just different fabrics for baby quilts that went to nieces. I made them the Moda pinwheel quilt that has the prairie points. Plan to make it again since it is such a cute quilt.

mountainmammo 04-09-2011 09:19 AM

I have used the same pattern more than once, but I have to do it in different fabrics so that it feels like a new quilt. Don't think I could do two or more alike without getting very bored!

mountainmammo

chris_quilts 04-09-2011 09:24 AM

Done Trip around the World several times but with different fabrics every time and same table runner pattern but again with different fabrics. Logs cabins also but try to uise motre scraps than anything there so same pattern but vastly different looks. Different fabrics in the same pattern is, to me, a different quilt than a previous one.

roselady 04-09-2011 09:48 AM

No, but I have changed a pattern that I had done once exactly like it was printed. It was a wall hanging with 2 birdhouses, made for my sister. My mom loved it, but I didn't want to make another just like it so since my mom's house was in fall colors, I made her wall hanging with 1 birdhouse and pieced leaves in the section originally with another birdhouse. I made the "same" pattern again for my MIL with 1 birdhouse and a trellis with climbing flowers on it, in place of the second birdhouse. I love seeing how I can change it up and make it my own. I am considering remaking one of my first quilts, because I really love it, in different colors. I am a little afraid that I won't like it as well as the first one, though, and I don't want to "waste" the fabric, if I chose to use this fabric in another pattern, I wouldn't be comparing it to the other quilt, so the chance of being disappointed is less. I relly love the pattern though, so eventually I will remake it. It has been 23 years since the first one so the issue of boredom is gone. There are so many patterns I have planned in my head that, for the most part, I don't want to "waste" my time doing the same patterns again.

lvaughan 04-09-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
I have made the same pattern more than once, just in different colors.

Me too!

katieranch 04-09-2011 10:31 AM

I have remade several patterns but most I just make once...I think I am afraid I won't get to make them all if I duplicate patterns!

galvestonangel 04-09-2011 11:57 AM

I made lover's knot three times in different fabrics but with blues as a fabric in each one. This was for three twins (bunks and a single) in one room. The pattern was easy and I had just started quilting. I also made one in pinks and one with "manly" colors for two day beds.

CherryPie 04-09-2011 12:04 PM

Before Christmas I was asked if I'd make a table runner to donate to a church. I loved it so much that I ended up making a total of five. If someone wanted one, I'd do it again. The pattern was the Christmas Star.