Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever made the same quilt or other project twice? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-made-same-quilt-other-project-twice-t114446.html)

grammysharon 04-09-2011 07:34 AM

I can't remember making the same quilt twice. I even get bored making the same bag or purse twice! :lol:

writerwomen 04-09-2011 07:44 AM

I unfortunatly make the same mistake at least twice.

joyceinoh 04-09-2011 08:07 AM

I never use a pattern , but I get my ideas from quilts I seen, and if I like the design I will make it or (alter it abit) and make it several times.

keolika 04-09-2011 08:08 AM

I created a thread with this same topic, I made the Kinebalu(my avatar) in different colors, and found I didn't enjoy making the second one near as much, in fact had to force myself to get it finished, I think it would be okay if I had allowed some time to pass between them, that is what I will do the next time. It was a fun and challenging quilt, and learning to know your self in this quilting world is an ongoing task. Rita

Marty K 04-09-2011 08:11 AM

Since I am brand new at quilting, after I took a class and learned to make one, I made it twice to be on the safe side. Haven't ever done the same since....but I'm tempted.....I haven't tried ones too difficult yet. It is exciting as I learn each new skill!!!! SID is all I've tried and it works well on the above quilt. How about you? I'm interested to see all your answers.

keolika 04-09-2011 08:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I created a thread with this same topic, I made the Kinebalu(my avatar) in different colors, and found I didn't enjoy making the second one near as much, in fact had to force myself to get it finished, I think it would be okay if I had allowed some time to pass between them, that is what I will do the next time. It was a fun and challenging quilt, and learning to know your self in this quilting world is an ongoing task. Rita

auntjo 04-09-2011 08:18 AM

Almost all of mine are one of a kind creations both in colors and pattern. At least up until I've started doing much more on the machine the last few years and definitely am now learning how to become a long-arm quilter rather than a hand quilter.

The one in my avatar is the only one I've made 4 of. Or more correctly am still in the process of .. as the last two are not yet completely quilted. But my goal is to hand quilt them so that 4 of the kids each end up with one for their home when they have established themselves into one.

MommaDorian 04-09-2011 08:24 AM

I just finished one that a QB member designed for me. I will definitely be doing it again.

gmcsewer 04-09-2011 08:29 AM

Ihave made the Lazy Daisy Crasy quilt from Thimbleberry twice as I had enough material and flower blocks to do so. I would make another one in the pastel shades if I could get the fabric.

gmcsewer 04-09-2011 08:29 AM

sorry I hit send twice.