Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever made the same quilt or other project twice? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-made-same-quilt-other-project-twice-t114446.html)

BKrenning 04-08-2011 05:40 AM

I've made Billie Lauder's, "There's a dog on my Quilt" 3 times in different colors and my most recent was similar only 2 cats instead of a dog & ball.

I made a faux raggy denim cathedral windows for hubby last year and have a crib size one laid out now using denim & corduroy for the circles and flannel scraps for the windows. Hubby's is all denim circles and the windows are his work shirts laid out in Trip Around the World style.

lovingmama 04-08-2011 05:42 AM

Made two different quilts, several times.

They were similar, just a slight difference. People loved them so much, everyone needed to have one, just like it.

One was an Ohio State Quilt, the other an Angel quilt. I made the Angel unique, looking like the person who requested it.

Still, it looks like I could make both of those quilts, with no end to it. Requests are high.

lovingmama 04-08-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
:XD: :XD: :XD:

The price to pay, when your work is gorgeous!

maryb119 04-08-2011 05:45 AM

I made 3 Vintage Moments by Marsha McClusky. I made the first one for me but my 3 girls fought over it so bad I ended up making 2 more. All 3 are hand quilted and beautiful.

I rarely make anything twice but this time, I did.

CoriAmD 04-08-2011 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
I have made the same pattern more than once, just in different colors.

ditto

dunster 04-08-2011 05:52 AM

I've made 3 of my avatar quilt, the first to see if I could make it, the second to test the pattern, and the third to test the revised pattern. I've made several OBW's and 2 of the Ricky Tims kaleidoscope (those are like potato chips, you can't stop at one). Several traditional log cabins, all with different settings and some with altered blocks. I plan to make the French braid again (when I find the right fabrics). I don't see any problem with repeating a pattern, because the finished quilts will be very different.

jillaine 04-08-2011 06:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've made the following quilt several times; tried to find photos of each version, but they're buried on CDs somewhere. This was one of my first quilts; I made it in a weekend from a Singer book. I also made it in entirely off-whites for a wedding present; and I made it in pastels for a baby. And I made it in bright batiks for a niece.

clsurz 04-08-2011 06:17 AM

I plan to make several rag quilts of course using different fabrics to gift to others. I'm putting one together now with a second already cut and ready to sew.

I'll probably make several rail fence ones as well.

RevPam 04-08-2011 07:23 AM

I did! I never prewash my fabrics. The first quilt I made for a doll quilt swap, when washed had red run all over the predominantly white quilt! So I remade it. My wonderful secretary took the first one and managed to get the red out!

Connie in CO 04-08-2011 07:57 AM

I like making those Twisters,I've made a few of those,also a full sized D9P and a baby quilt D9P.I forgot to take picture of the baby quilt.Connie in CO