Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   He/She Dies With the Most Fabric Wins? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/he-she-dies-most-fabric-wins-t90192.html)

stitchinwitch 01-17-2011 10:02 AM

She lived in a tiny house and had a garage and small storage building.

mom2boyz 01-17-2011 10:27 AM

I'll bet this thread wins for the most posts beginning with W.O.W. too funny. Lots of comments about what a wonderful quilter she must have been. Maybe she didn't quilt at all - just collected!!!

mom2boyz 01-17-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I think that he/she who dies with the most fabric... is still dead.

It's nice to have a bit of a stash. Adds color and purpose to a life.

But that much... is kind of sad. She didn't come close to using it up. I truly hope she got a great deal of pleasure from acquiring it.

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but the older I get the less desire I have to collect anything at all. I still like looking at pretty things, I just no longer feel the need to own it. Just looking is enough.

I wonder if I'm the only one?

As I am now in my retired years, I am feeling more and more like you. I look at some of the stuff I've purchased and wonder WHY, WHY, WHY did I ever buy that.

wraez 01-17-2011 10:45 AM

This was an auction? I was wondering how much they priced the fabrics till I saw it was the last part of the 'auction'.

Do you know if the fabrics went for a good price? The thing about auctions, lots of people get caught up in 'auction fever' and spend too much. Sometimes a good deal can be had.

Now I don't feel bad about my stash. Too bad that lady didn't use more of hers or give it to friends or charity groups.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

Rann 01-17-2011 11:41 AM

Glad I missed it. I would have to mortgage both of my children and my son-in-law if I went. But, if I took them, we never would have stopped without me being tied up and gagged. (Yes, they know SOME of my secrets)

Favorite Fabrics 01-17-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by mom2boyz

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I think that he/she who dies with the most fabric... is still dead.

It's nice to have a bit of a stash. Adds color and purpose to a life.

But that much... is kind of sad. She didn't come close to using it up. I truly hope she got a great deal of pleasure from acquiring it.

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but the older I get the less desire I have to collect anything at all. I still like looking at pretty things, I just no longer feel the need to own it. Just looking is enough.

I wonder if I'm the only one?

As I am now in my retired years, I am feeling more and more like you. I look at some of the stuff I've purchased and wonder WHY, WHY, WHY did I ever buy that.

It's not necessarily just about fabric, either, is it? All sorts of knick-knacks, shiny jewelry, boodles of holiday decor... all of the stuff that just gets dusted and moved from place to place, or that gets tangled up in a drawer.

??

drgranny 01-17-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by needles3thread
This lady must of thought she would take her fabric to
Heaven with her & make quilts for the angels.

Ya mean we don't get to do that? Well, shoot!

GrannytoJJA 01-17-2011 03:46 PM

After looking at this, I will never again pass by an auction. So much fabric, what a shame she didn't have family to share it with and it went to auction.
just saying......sandy/mi

Deborah12687 01-17-2011 03:53 PM

OHhhhh my that is a supper size stash! Bet you did feel like you were in fabric heaven!

nwm50 01-18-2011 08:30 AM

G A S P !!! What a pile of wonderful fabrics....did you get any? Wish i'd been there, have NEVER seen so much private stashes!! Whoo....