Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   He/She Dies With the Most Fabric Wins? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/he-she-dies-most-fabric-wins-t90192.html)

Juliebelle 01-13-2011 04:40 PM

that is unbelievable oh my

hobbykat1955 01-13-2011 04:44 PM

I also showed my husband, who's now very afraid that will be me...We own 2 homes and I have sewing rms in each and lots of fabric...but I think I'd need another 20 yrs to have 1/2 of that.

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-13-2011 04:44 PM

Can you imagine sorting and labeling all of that??!! Geeez, gives me a headache just thinging about it. LOL. Lots of wonderful vintage fabrics I see in the pics.

MommaDorian 01-13-2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by King's Daughter
How funny! Everyone started out with WOW!

How about "holy crap"?!!!

Maride 01-13-2011 04:54 PM

I hope that buying fabrics is what gave her joy in life. I can think of many other ways to spend my money. I have a lot of stuff around, especially in storage now, but not more than I will actually use some day. Is nice to have extra to pick from, but her stash is not healthy. I bet they didn't get back as much as she spent.

kriscraft99 01-13-2011 05:18 PM

it gives me a headache too thinking about it but gosh it would be fun touching it :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
Can you imagine sorting and labeling all of that??!! Geeez, gives me a headache just thinging about it. LOL. Lots of wonderful vintage fabrics I see in the pics.

Favorite Fabrics 01-13-2011 05:24 PM

I think that he/she who dies with the most fabric... is still dead.

It's nice to have a bit of a stash. Adds color and purpose to a life.

But that much... is kind of sad. She didn't come close to using it up. I truly hope she got a great deal of pleasure from acquiring it.

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but the older I get the less desire I have to collect anything at all. I still like looking at pretty things, I just no longer feel the need to own it. Just looking is enough.

I wonder if I'm the only one?

sewingsuz 01-13-2011 05:26 PM

Where is this? I can not even type, WOW WOW

quiltjoey 01-13-2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I think that he/she who dies with the most fabric... is still dead.

It's nice to have a bit of a stash. Adds color and purpose to a life.

But that much... is kind of sad. She didn't come close to using it up. I truly hope she got a great deal of pleasure from acquiring it.

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but the older I get the less desire I have to collect anything at all. I still like looking at pretty things, I just no longer feel the need to own it. Just looking is enough.

I wonder if I'm the only one?

No, I'm getting to be like that. I don't need much anymore and my wants a decreasing.... I hope that is normal?

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-13-2011 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
it gives me a headache too thinking about it but gosh it would be fun touching it :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt

haha, I'm with you, I would have loved to have touched it and drooled, just wouldn't have wanted to sort it for sale. Now that's a lot of fabric!!