Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help! I need Curses! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-i-need-curses-t270240.html)

suziehammond 09-21-2015 10:05 AM

Maybe these should be the companion Q- :)

The thing I found interesting was that 2000 years ago people were trying to get favor and have a rival do less well with a curse. They are now being dug up and it tells us much about the culture of the day. I thought a funny, non serious treatment could have quilters laughing and yet remind us all that revenge and petty thoughts altho human and are non productive. Your blessings remind us of the other side of the coin :)

suziehammond 09-21-2015 10:06 AM

Love it as mine are shedding with the spring weather in the southern Hemi.

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 7323538)
"May your quilts be covered with the hair of a thousand cats!"

suziehammond 09-21-2015 10:11 AM

Ohhh! How true that is--I must have been cursed--I so rarely get that one correct when I REALLY want to. lol

Originally Posted by GingerK (Post 7323501)
May *insert name here* never achieve the perfect scant quarter inch seam.

Onebyone 09-21-2015 10:15 AM

I you don't win, you miss the chance for revenge. LOL.

I think a curse well would be stress relieving. People who are rude to me I imagine all kinds of things happening to them, from a flat tire to a bad haircut. I'm not that good to believe in saying something nice about everyone.

barny 09-21-2015 10:19 AM

May your tails always lay behind your needle. LOL

zozee 09-21-2015 10:21 AM

May your lights never cast shadows on your ruler's edge without your realizing it before you cut,
May your dog never scare the "scrap" out of himself or you by stepping on your pedal when you're not looking,
May no one but you know the true quantity of your stash,
May your bare foot never be the finder of lost pins
nor your finger be mistaken for fabric by a blade,
May your backside never get bigger than your heart,
May your bindings always bind, your miters always miter, your needles always needle,
and may you find grace on your lips when someone undervalues the work of your hands.

zozee 09-21-2015 10:22 AM

They are are a hoot!

Originally Posted by suziehammond (Post 7323679)
Maybe these should be the companion Q- :)

The thing I found interesting was that 2000 years ago people were trying to get favor and have a rival do less well with a curse. They are now being dug up and it tells us much about the culture of the day. I thought a funny, non serious treatment could have quilters laughing and yet remind us all that revenge and petty thoughts altho human and are non productive. Your blessings remind us of the other side of the coin :)

bearisgray 09-21-2015 10:23 AM

So many of the "curses" I have already experienced!!

Plus a few I will not mention again lest I appear dumber than I think I am!

HouseDragon 09-21-2015 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 7323538)
"May your quilts be covered with the hair of a thousand cats!"

Is that a curse or a blessing? :D

GingerK 09-21-2015 12:51 PM

I am beginning to see this as a QAG project. Curses on one side and blessings on the other.