Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP. !!! I NEED HELP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-i-need-help-t60643.html)

Mattee 08-21-2010 05:47 PM

nope, I meant presser foot. I know, I know, but I kept doing it! For some reason it's difficult for me to tell when the darning foot is down, compared to the other feet, so I think I've put it down when I haven't. My presser foot lever is in the back of the machine, so I can't see it when sewing. Then I start FMQ and either break a needle or get a tangle of thread. I end up cussing, cutting stitches out, and starting over.

pstoner 08-21-2010 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mattee
nope, I meant presser foot. I know, I know, but I kept doing it! For some reason it's difficult for me to tell when the darning foot is down, compared to the other feet, so I think I've put it down when I haven't. My presser foot lever is in the back of the machine, so I can't see it when sewing. Then I start FMQ and either break a needle or get a tangle of thread. I end up cussing, cutting stitches out, and starting over.

I can't tell you how many times I have done this, spent two hours Unsewing once because it messed up on the back.

nana pat 08-21-2010 07:24 PM

i LOVE LOOKING AT YOUR HAPPY BOUQUET. :lol:

Sheila Elaine 08-21-2010 07:31 PM

Beautiful bouquets. No, none of the machines like 6 layers. Glad you figured out the problem & now you can get on with your piecing & quilting.

Pat G 08-21-2010 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Beautiful bouquets. No, none of the machines like 6 layers. Glad you figured out the problem & now you can get on with your piecing & quilting.

That part didn't occur to me til I noticed how stiff my piece was. Now it has 2 1/2 sections done. Guess it's a goner. No more 6 layers for me. I had no trouble building the pc. in the beginning. That lesson cost me 10 needles. Just couldn't give up til I figured it out. I don't know if that makes me dumb or persistant. LOL

littlehud 08-21-2010 08:17 PM

That is a pretty wall hanging. Gotta love those flowers. Great job and I'm glad you figured out the problem

theoldgraymare 08-21-2010 09:30 PM

What a gorgeous piece! I have done the same thing breaking needle after needle until I realized the layers were too much for the needle I was using.

Pat G 08-21-2010 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by theoldgraymare
What a gorgeous piece! I have done the same thing breaking needle after needle until I realized the layers were too much for the needle I was using.

Thank you. I'm so glad I'm not the only one with that prob. then. Only cost me 10 needles to figure it out. Sure won't do that again.

Sheila Elaine 08-21-2010 10:13 PM

The first one of us who can claim to be perfect, well that's saying a lot. The more I rush, the more mistakes I make.

crella boudon 08-22-2010 03:09 PM

ARE YOU USING A WALKING FOOT? IF NOT THAT MAY BE THE PROBLEM.