Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP. !!! I NEED HELP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-i-need-help-t60643.html)

2wheelwoman 08-22-2010 03:13 PM

How adorable! Glad you found the problem.

Yvonne7 08-23-2010 03:49 AM

Been there, done that a few times.

marymm 08-23-2010 05:19 AM

great quilt. Now I want to make one! glad you figured out the problem.

quiltmom04 08-23-2010 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by NewYearsOld
Ok, I have had that problem too. One time I forgot to drop my feed dogs (dah) and most times, it is because I am moving too fast. Good Luck! Don't give up!

Right, if you're SEWING too SLOW and are moving the fabric too fast, it will break a needle.

SweetRosie 08-23-2010 06:31 AM

Absolutely beautiful. Glad you found your problem and didn't give up. You put a lot of work into that quilt.

misseva 08-23-2010 08:53 AM

ooooh i love the yo-yos. do you mind if i copy you some day? did you tack your yo-yos down in the middle?

Pat G 08-23-2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
ooooh i love the yo-yos. do you mind if i copy you some day? did you tack your yo-yos down in the middle?

Thank you but I can't take full credit. I copied it from Patti's basket which she posted on here awhile back. Hers was so beaut. in soft pastel colors. I just knew I had to make one.

Yes, for my part, you may copy mine. As for my yo-yos, I actually hot glued them on. I felt that was the most secure way. The flower part of the wallhanging is rather heavy.

Pat G 08-23-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04

Originally Posted by NewYearsOld
Ok, I have had that problem too. One time I forgot to drop my feed dogs (dah) and most times, it is because I am moving too fast. Good Luck! Don't give up!

Right, if you're SEWING too SLOW and are moving the fabric too fast, it will break a needle.

That's what I thought was my prob. in the beginning but it got so all I had to do was 2 stitches & the needle broke. Talk about frustrated. I was able to get part of it done before this started. Once I figured out my prob. that pc. I did get stitched was stiff as a board. I had to toss it out since it was so unfinished. It was a 10" mat. I forgot to mention it also had a layer of Insul Brite. I should buy stock in the needle company. LOL

Mkotch 08-23-2010 10:46 AM

Lovely!

I have a Viking, too, and have found that I need a more heavy duty needle when FMQ - a 90 usually. I don't put the feed dogs down even with a darning foot and actually have more even stitches that way.

Pat G 08-23-2010 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mkotch
Lovely!

I have a Viking, too, and have found that I need a more heavy duty needle when FMQ - a 90 usually. I don't put the feed dogs down even with a darning foot and actually have more even stitches that way.

I think it was 90s I was using. I admit I need to learn more about diff. needles though. Are you saying you don't put the feed dogs down even for FMQ? I don't understand how that can work. I may be misunderstanding what you're saying though. I found that my uneven stitches are due to my speed. I tend to slow down my speed when I shouldn't. I'm so new at it though but I'll get it eventually. I'm sure enjoying it. Thanks so much for your help.