Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP...with my personal Ugly Challenge... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-my-personal-ugly-challenge-t232073.html)

sue1964 10-09-2013 05:56 AM

HELP...with my personal Ugly Challenge...

2 Attachment(s)
For those of you who remember my personal ugly fabric challenge I have finished putting the blocks together and would like some advice on a in between border. Looking to put a one to one and a half inch border between the blocks and the original fabric. Problem is Whatcolor should I use? I like the purple in the fabric but I would have to go shopping for that if possible to find that color. next I was thinking of useing the same black as in the blocks but I thought I would like to see what you wonderful Ladies and men would think first. Thanks in advance for all your help. Oh and the original fabric border is not going to be as wide as the picture. I just layed it there to see whatit looks like. Thanks againg for looking and or helping.

Tartan 10-09-2013 06:04 AM

I love your blocks! I do like the black and I think if you used purple you would lose the block definition. I like the blocks the way you have them now without sashing so the secondary black stars show. The stripe will make a nice border. Whatever you decide, it will be a great quilt.

sue1964 10-09-2013 06:08 AM

You read my mind thats what I was thinking, the black to pull it all togeather. Thanks for the reply.

ruthrings 10-09-2013 06:10 AM

I vote for black. I don't think that fabric was all that ugly to start with, but you certainly made it better!!

Diane007 10-09-2013 06:11 AM

I vote Black

sue1964 10-09-2013 06:16 AM

Black it shall be. Thanks again and I will post more when complete.

Cris 10-09-2013 06:16 AM

I would leave as is and add a small maybe 1/2 inch all around white border then a larger black border to finish off, the ugly looks pretty - great job!

QuiltE 10-09-2013 06:20 AM

Black ...

Though I would audition the black, along with the purple ... black the width of the 1/2 hexie, then purple, then more black, probably the width of the first black plus the purple. Possibly wider. Then bind it off with the purple. Yes, I am thinking leave off the striped border. For a reference of the original fabric, include it on your backing.

If you decide on the purple as I suggested, .... don't introduce a new fabric. Just cut the purple stripe (with seam width) from your original fabric for a perfect coordinated effort. Likewise use the original fabric for the binding.

sue1964 10-09-2013 06:26 AM

I like your idea I will have to check it out, Thank you.

QuiltE 10-09-2013 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by sue1964 (Post 6339192)
I like your idea I will have to check it out, Thank you.

Thanks Sue1964 ... I don't know if I would like it IRL, but it's where I would start ... and dear knows where I would end up! :)