Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help!!! Pieced wholecloth pattern..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-pieced-wholecloth-pattern-t209453.html)

huntannette 12-28-2012 06:51 PM

awesome ...I will....found the pattern and quilt that inspired me....just need to find the right fabric....

Originally Posted by jemma (Post 5746370)
check out fossil fern there is enough irregular pattern to satisfy a change in colour etc--some batiks may also work

huntannette 12-28-2012 06:52 PM

It is....but this is a pieced quilt treated as a wholecloth when quilted...found what I was looking for....ty

Originally Posted by granny216 (Post 5746278)
I always thought a whole cloth was one solid piece of fabric like the hand quilted white on white quilt that I did. Will have to watch this for the pieced ones...It is new to me.

Skittl1321 12-28-2012 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 5746116)
Not to be really stupid, but how else would you treat a finished top than as one whole?

Well, some designs each block is quilted in its own design. No unity.

I understand what the op.is talking about now, but if it is pieced, it is not a wholecloth.

huntannette 12-28-2012 07:51 PM

as i said ...a pieced quilt treated as wholecloth....found what i was looking for

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 (Post 5746507)
Well, some designs each block is quilted in its own design. No unity.

I understand what the op.is talking about now, but if it is pieced, it is not a wholecloth.

BettyM 12-29-2012 06:08 AM

It seems to me that Charisma had posted a picture of a quilt that she had quilted that sounds like the one you described. You might check out her posts.

carolynjo 12-29-2012 06:23 AM

I have such a quilt pattern called
White-on-White Heirloom Quilt designed by Maud von Bergh-Arnoldus. It contains 16 patterns for quilted blocks and border. I have had it for 15 years and am planning on starting it this Spring. It was published by That Patchwork Place. When I make it, I am going to duplicate at least 4 blocks to make it longer and perhaps 4 more to make it wider as the finished quilt in this pattern is only 86" square. Hope this helps you in your search.

hcarpanini 12-29-2012 06:44 AM

I am pretty sure Thimbleberries had a pattern in one of their books. I will see if I can track it down..

huntannette 12-29-2012 06:56 AM

oh really? I will search for the pattern online...maybe i`ll get lucky.....sounds like what I was looking for...although the one posted in this post sure is nice.

Originally Posted by carolynjo (Post 5747093)
I have such a quilt pattern called
White-on-White Heirloom Quilt designed by Maud von Bergh-Arnoldus. It contains 16 patterns for quilted blocks and border. I have had it for 15 years and am planning on starting it this Spring. It was published by That Patchwork Place. When I make it, I am going to duplicate at least 4 blocks to make it longer and perhaps 4 more to make it wider as the finished quilt in this pattern is only 86" square. Hope this helps you in your search.

huntannette 12-29-2012 06:57 AM

will check....thanks....

Originally Posted by BettyM (Post 5747062)
It seems to me that Charisma had posted a picture of a quilt that she had quilted that sounds like the one you described. You might check out her posts.

humbird 12-29-2012 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 5746444)
awesome ...I will....found the pattern and quilt that inspired me....just need to find the right fabric....

Could you post the site for the pattern? I would be most interested in seeing what you have in mind. Sounds lovely.