Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help with quiltpattern please,just finished sandwich (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-quiltpattern-please-just-finished-sandwich-t52099.html)

BeaSewHappy 07-01-2010 02:01 PM

I would not quilt over top of the fairies. I'm new to the site so I don't know all the abbreviations yet but I would do the border, then the pinwheels, then a small quilting around the fairies but not through them. Does that make sense to anyone else?

granny_59 07-01-2010 02:05 PM

thanks for the encuragement. I have the machingers also but it must look funny sewing in underwear (its unbearable hot right now) and wearing gloves......
Again midnight over here. I am sure I will have a FMQ dream!?

BTW: I think it is a good idea to go by according colors but do you think I can quilt with normal sewing thread as i only have off white and blue machine quilting thread?

katier825 07-01-2010 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by granny_59
thanks for the encuragement. I have the machingers also but it must look funny sewing in underwear (its unbearable hot right now) and wearing gloves......
Again midnight over here. I am sure I will have a FMQ dream!?

BTW: I think it is a good idea to go by according colors but do you think I can quilt with normal sewing thread as i only have off white and blue machine quilting thread?

Not so sure I'll get that visual out of my head for awhile! LOL

Try samples of the designs you want with the thread you have. If I don't have the quilting thread I want, I use Gutterman's sewing thread. If your machine likes it, go for it!

Here is a picture of the swirls I just did. I also did the triangles on mine. It blended with some of the stars, but contrasted with the background.

sewingladydi 07-01-2010 02:57 PM

However you decide to quilt it, you did a great job on that quilt.

Sharoni 07-02-2010 04:39 AM

Gosh Granny_59!! If that's one of your first quilts I am totally intimidated!! It is flat out fabulous! The colors are vibrant, the stitching sharp, and the delight in thinking of that baby is obvious all over it! What a treasure. Cross hatch stitch it. Straight lines at an angle. Kinda like squares but from top left to bottom right.

Nanjun 07-02-2010 04:57 AM

Beautiful quilt.

granny_59 07-02-2010 05:00 AM

thanks Sharoni

actually it is my fifth.

you dont know what this feedback means to me! I am sweating under this quilt for hours and are just halfway through with the SID. This gives me much more time to think about the visible quilting.

@Katier: your quilting is stunning! I will sure practice on the triangles.

sahm4605 07-02-2010 05:03 AM

decorative stitch around the embroydered squares, and then a simple all over pattern or just simple decorative stitches on the diagnal around the center section would be nice. post how you do it.

quiltlin 07-02-2010 05:56 AM

The quilt is beautiful and I agree, just an all-over meandering would be terrific. You don't want to take away from the design of the quilt.

mhansen6 07-02-2010 06:28 AM

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful quilt. The child who gets this is very lucky indeed. You do wonderful work.