Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   help for warped cutting matt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-warped-cutting-matt-t148082.html)

chairjogger 08-26-2011 12:38 PM

d.rickman gave me the best hint and requested I post:

My cutting mat was warped by an iron.. yes, i used it to iron .. a brief mistake.. the mat warped.

d.rickman put her own warped Cutting mat outside in the HOT sun for several hours, let it cool completely for several more hours and ... It worked ! Flattened out !

Great hint ! Waiting for one of those last 90 degree days that sneaks up on us this late.

Thanks for the tip !

MellieKQuilter 08-26-2011 12:39 PM

Send it to me! We have 90 degree days lately! ;-)

chairjogger 08-26-2011 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
Send it to me! We have 90 degree days lately! ;-)

uuugh.. so glad we are in 80's at peak and low 60s by first morning.

So sorry !

craftybear 08-26-2011 12:40 PM

great tip

Originally Posted by chairjogger

My cutting mat was warped by an iron.. yes, i used it to iron .. a brief mistake.. the mat warped.

d.rickman put her own warped Cutting mat outside in the HOT sun for several hours, let it cool completely for several more hours and ... It worked ! Flattened out !

Great hint ! Waiting for one of those last 90 degree days that sneaks up on us this late.

Thanks for the tip !

Great-great granny 08-26-2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by chairjogger

Thanks for the tip !

I DID THE SAME THING!! :oops: - THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE TIP

I'm on a trip right now, but when I get back home, don't think will have a problem "waiting" for a hot day. Has been in triple digit temps there for almost 3 mo's. Supposed to be 108 there today :cry:

CloverPatch 08-26-2011 01:06 PM

mine warped because IT WAS in the sun.

bnlmom 08-26-2011 01:10 PM

Why didn't I do this for my mat a few weeks ago!

Glassquilt 08-26-2011 01:31 PM

[quote=chairjogger] My cutting mat was warped by an iron.. yes, i used it to iron .. a brief mistake.. the mat warped.[quote]
Glad I'm not the only one who's done this.
:oops:

Sierra 08-26-2011 01:38 PM

Thanx for the idea.... A few years ago I bought a new mat, laid it as flat as I could on a blanket that was over all our shopping, and by the time we got home (2.5 hours) the mat was a mess. The next time we were in town my husband told the clerk, "We want a mat, but you have to provide the box it came in." They found the box (big enough for several and we bought it and got it home OK. Can't imagine why they don't provide boxes automatically! Now I'm going to take that warped baby outside and see what happens. Will just hope the chickens and cats stay off it!!!!!!!!

SMR 08-26-2011 03:31 PM

had friend who took warped mat and put on top of her car in sun. straightened mat just remember to take off before driving, which she didn't.