Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Here I sit... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/here-i-sit-t81829.html)

tmw 12-10-2010 07:57 AM

my name appears at the bottom of your message, sorry, i was trying to tell you that i think you can have honey in your hot tea, diabetics can have honey, because it's a natural sugar, and it will help you feel warm and help your throat. to be sure , ask your dr. but i think he will agree, feel better soon. Santa is coming!!!!!

Annaquilts 12-10-2010 07:59 AM

Sending hugs. I have been nursing a hacking couch since before Thanksgiving and it looks like it is not leaving for some time. Also quilting away.

JulieR 12-10-2010 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by tmw
my name appears at the bottom of your message, sorry, i was trying to tell you that i think you can have honey in your hot tea, diabetics can have honey, because it's a natural sugar, and it will help you feel warm and help your throat. to be sure , ask your dr. but i think he will agree, feel better soon. Santa is coming!!!!!

Actually no, honey isn't safe in quantity either - all simple sugars are trouble, so honey = sugar = a bagel, really. But there's always Splenda, and I like sugar free hot cocoa in my coffee with a little peppermint extract for days like these!

Dixiechunk, watch that cold - we diabetics have a tendency to stay sick longer than others, and get worse more quickly, too! When your blood sugar has been under control for a while your immune system will be much stronger again. Just take care that you don't let this cold linger for too long - see your doctor, or at least someone's doctor if yours has turned into a pain in the neck. :)

Meanwhile, kudos for all the work you're accomplishing! I'm jealous - I'm way behind on my projects!

BellaBoo 12-10-2010 08:15 AM

I go to the Dr. as soon as I know I don't feel good. I know there is no cure for a cold but there are meds that make me feel better. Mucinex is great to relieve congestion with no drugged up feeling. I get a prescription cough syrup. Nothing over the counter works when I'm trying to sleep. The only home remedy that will work for me is to breath apple cider vinegar steam. It's nasty but it works wonders for me. I boil a pot when anyone is sick and it disinfects the air in the house. The smell goes away in minutes.

BellaBoo 12-10-2010 08:19 AM

Have you tried Agave Nectar? It's great for diabetics. It tastes like a mild honey but doesn't spike your blood sugar. I buy it at Walmart usually in the sugar aisle sometimes it's with the honey and sometimes it is with the no gluten products. I don't think the stockers know exactly what it is.

Connie in CO 12-10-2010 08:25 AM

I'm sorry your sick,hugs and kisses,(over the computer)

sassey 12-10-2010 05:15 PM

I recomend cough syrup especially made for diabetics for some reason it works better than anything else seems to knock the cold out, I even recomend it to non diabetic friends most drug store carry it

NUTMEG10 12-11-2010 05:37 AM

Having had pneumonia 3 times since March I would tell you to run to the doctor asap. You do need antibiotic to get rid of it. I feel for you and anyone else that is having this problem. Our age does not help and I have COPD after years of smoking. Mucinex does help but will not get rid of the infection. Have some hot chicken soup and bundle up in your quilt and read a book or watch your favorite tv.

krabadan 12-11-2010 05:43 AM

Hope you feel better soon.

Pickle 12-11-2010 06:45 AM

Love your sense of humor, that must keep you going and happy.