Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   High Praise Indeed! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/high-praise-indeed-t81968.html)

Ps 150 12-10-2010 03:29 PM

We all love to read the admiring remarks on here when posting pictures or hear those great or little praises of our quilts--all the time, love and work that goes into them. I'm no different, but tonight I received the greatest praise of all. My 6 year old DD walked into my quilting room where I was desperately trying to fit some pressing in before dinner was ready, and proclaimed, "Mommy, you're such an awesome quilter person!" :XD: As a homeschooler, my distracted mind's first response was to correct her grammar when what she said really struck me. That was my, "Aha!" moment. The moment of praise that really brought tears to my eyes. What was yours?

watterstide 12-10-2010 03:51 PM

Wonderful story and lesson!
mine is out of no where, my 3 year old grandson simple says
" i love you granma".. and "you cook good stuff"..

Jan in VA 12-10-2010 04:12 PM

I think mine was when my then 10 year ol daughter hugged me and proclaimed she was "gonna live with you forever!"

She's married now, a well-respected pediatrician, but she still calls me each morning from Colorado to ride to work with her.

Jan in VA

marilynr 12-10-2010 04:23 PM

When my 6 year old grandson would just be sitting at the
table eating breakfast or lunch & look over at me & out of
nowhere, say, "Grandma, I just love the quilt you made for me".

dakotamaid 12-10-2010 05:06 PM

Mine was the day my 20 something daughter said "Now I understand why you told us that!!"

Cyn 12-10-2010 05:43 PM

I'm not sure I've had mine yet :(

Magdalena 12-10-2010 06:51 PM

My 26 years old daughter still says, "I am glad that you are my Mama."

jljack 12-10-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cyn
I'm not sure I've had mine yet :(

Don't worry...it'll come when it's meant to come!! :-)

Mine was when my youngest daughter was about 8 and she told me "I want to grow up just like you". From then on I went to great lengths to prove that she hadn't placed her admiration with an unworthy mom....it changed my life. Literally!! She's now 26 with 2 kids of her own, and I hope she has that same "Aha" moment!! The Lord knows what we each need....and when.

cjomomma 12-10-2010 07:31 PM

Mine was when my DD who was 13 or 14 said your the best Mom. You don't let us go out and run around so we don't get in trouble like other kids do. Then her brother who is a year and a half younger agreed with her.

pittsburgpam 12-10-2010 07:42 PM

Mine was when I gave my grandson a quilt for his third birthday. He opened it up and said, "A Blankey!" He grabbed it, still folded up, and went up the stairs to his bedroom, leaving all the party guests and other presents. I followed him upstairs and into his bedroom where he was trying to lay the quilt out on his bed.

I helped him lay it on his bed and then he kneeled on it and started naming the animals.

He wants that quilt at home and at daycare and says, "Mamaw made me."

My heart swells with joy and love to think of it. :XD:

edited to add... I thought it was a question just about quilting but I see the other replies!!! :-D