Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-fabric-t132048.html)

ragqueen03 06-21-2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by sjscribe
I love Hobby Lobby!!!! I wish more retail places closed one day a week for their employees' spiritual and family health.

I also am pleased that I can find fabric with christian motifs.

i agree! i try really hard not to go to stores on sundays but it is hard when they are open. i work for a bank that has some locations open on sunday and i think it is terrible. luckily mine isn't one of them.

Mimito2 06-21-2011 07:47 AM

I wish mine were closer to (45 min away) I always come out with a buggy full of stuff.

GwynR 06-21-2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr
There is now a Hobby Lobby in Spokane :thumbup: I did buy some fabrics there and love it. I love that whole store. Luckily I'm an hour 1/2 away so going there is a treat once in awhile.
I couldn't work there. I'd owe them money on pay day :mrgreen:

I have not been in there yet, but someone just gave me a gift card to use there. Maybe this week I can make it in. It's only about 25 minutes away.

BarbaraSue 06-21-2011 08:17 AM

i can remember when no stores were open on sundays. then that changed to opening at noon on sundays. to now when some stores are never closed. i like that HL puts their ideals first and i'm sure they haven't lost that much business by closing on sundays. i have to watch myself though, and not try to shop there on a sunday. i've pulled into their parking lot more than once and wondered where everyone was!! duh!

Sadiemae 06-21-2011 08:30 AM

120 miles is too far, so I have never been there.

auntmag 06-21-2011 08:57 AM

I think Hobby Lobby has very good fabric. I have purchased a lot of it over the years and have no complaints about the quality.

loves_2_quilt 06-21-2011 12:22 PM

I like Hobby Lobby for the reasons listed here also. The selection of fabrics is good, and I can usually find what I am needing and in the amounts that I need/want.

Originally Posted by qbquilts

Originally Posted by n2stitches
I work for Hobby Lobby. It is a Christian based organization. This is why it is closed on Sunday and I am happy that it is. We are not a full fledged fabric store. This is why our selection is limited. We have good quality fabric, I believe. We used to get "send out" fabrics. These are fabrics that cannot be ordered. Our send out fabrics are generally seasonal. I have had no problems with any of Hobby Lobby fabrics and I have a TON of it.

I like shopping at HL and I do enjoy the fact that it is Christian based. I like the music played in it and the Christian merchandise that can be found scattered throughout the various departments (ie Christian stamps, VBS crafts, nativity Christmas stuff (not just Santa/snowmen), Easter crosses (not just bunnies), etc.). As you mentioned, the fabric selection can be limited at times, but when I'm in there shopping, I can usually find something that works for me. I think the quality is good - not LQS quality, but it's good enough for me to use without worry.

sunni 06-21-2011 12:35 PM

Why don't they use computerized cash registers?? Why don't they accept coupons from other stores?

robin

blueangel 06-21-2011 01:49 PM

I have got lots of Hobby Lobby fabric and have had no problem with it.

blueangel 06-21-2011 01:49 PM

I have got lots of Hobby Lobby fabric and have had no problem with it.