Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-fabric-t248495.html)

annievee 06-15-2014 03:27 PM

I use Hobby Lobby fabrics a lot-never any problems with it. Love the per cent off coupons.

GagaSmith 06-15-2014 04:21 PM

I like most of Hobby lobby's fabric. They carry Robert Kaufmann Kona cotton at our store here and have a pretty good selection.
I just read in today's paper that they lost a lawsuit because some of their fabric is "on sale" for 30% off every day. The decision was against them because if something is on sale every day for more than a year then it really isn't a sale. Don't know what changes will be made because of this.

ManiacQuilter2 06-15-2014 04:34 PM

I haven't been disappointed with ANY fabric I have purchased at HL. I think the quality matchs that of a LQS if there was one in my town. They may be selling discontinued or older prints. I do think the quality is a step up from Walmart and JAF. Just my opinion.

coopah 06-15-2014 04:42 PM

It's like anywhere else, check the bolt and use your judgement. I've used their fabrics and not had any difficulties. The ladies in that department are pleasant and very helpful. I asked one where the "squeezy" things were for purses, and she said she knew exactly what I meant...she led me right to them! Enjoy the new store!

franc36 06-15-2014 05:16 PM

Hobby Lobby is my "go to" place for Kona cotton. Check the bolt and be sure that it is Kona cotton by Robert Kaufmann. Once in a while I buy other quilting fabric there. I do check the feel first. I have been pleased with all quilting fabric I have purchased there. I do ask for the regular price so I can use the 40% off coupon. Since I do not have a smart phone, I print off a coupon before I leave home. You can use one coupon a day. I always check out the quilting supplies each time I go there. Hobby Lobby is a fun store to visit.

QUILTNMO 06-15-2014 05:23 PM

yes when i visited my dd in tx i brought lots of baby fabric had no problems we are fnally getting one here in the spring of next year c ant wait!

Quilty-Louise 06-15-2014 05:32 PM

I am making aprons with the fabrics.

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 6760048)
Quilty Louie, I love your fabric choices. So what are you going to make from all those wonderful fabrics.

Edie 06-16-2014 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by KimS (Post 6759766)
We just got a Hobby Lobby here and I'm so excited!!! At last I have a place to get quilting supplies and they've got a really nice selection of fabric but I do want to ask everyone a question about their fabric. Have you used it? Does it seem to be good quality? Has it held up well in your quilts that have been washed several times? Thanks!!! :)

I have found the quality of fabric by the feel. If it has the feel, then it is good. My mother taught me that and you can tell the difference between the softness and the rough feel of the fabric. I don't do Hobby Lobby for certain reasons, but I can find a good fabric at JoAnn's, Hancock's and any place that sells fabric just by the feel. If it feels good against your skin, then it'll be a good quilt. Edie

AnnT 06-16-2014 03:04 AM

I buy fabric from Hobby Lobby a lot. I look the fabric over carefully as in any fabric store. I have yet to be disappointed with a purchase. One thing I like about Hobby Lobby is they generally are consistent in stock with their non-seasonal fabrics, if I need some more or decide I like a different color I saw when I bough the 1st one, I can more often than not find that fabric when I go back. Not 100% of the time but more often than with other fabric stores.

Yooper32 06-16-2014 03:15 AM

There is only one in the state of WV and it is sadly too far for me to drive there. I love Hobby Lobby and have bought many a piece of fabric there when I lived in CO. I have never gotten any fabric that I didn't like. I assume that it isn't all quilt-shop quality, but most of it is equal in quality. Some really good buys there, lucky you.
PS, I now shop online for Hobby Lobby and have never gotten a bad piece of fabric.