Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-t211144.html)

TanyaL 01-16-2013 05:36 PM

I find the selection of cotton quilting fabrics at HL is fine although the quanity is small. The fabric for clothing is fine also and I have made many clothing items for my GD. Their upholestry fabrics seems to change more frequently and their clearance is best in that fabric department.

Lori S 01-16-2013 06:08 PM

I was just at my Hobby Lobby , selection is not so great, but found the quality to be acceptable. Not the highest but not the poorest either.

dkabasketlady 01-16-2013 06:23 PM

I've bought fabric from HL over the years and really like it compared to some of the other places. I also like the 40% off coupon and sales they have.

Daylesewblessed 01-16-2013 06:31 PM

I have always liked the fabrics that Hobby Lobby carries. However, a decision was made at corporate level almost 10 years ago, and most of the stores scaled way back in the fabric department. Unlike Joann's, HL will give you the greater of the discounts -- either the sale price or the 40% coupon (almost always available on-line), whichever is better. You have to present your coupon at the cutting table.

A big negative for me at HL is that their cash register system is not automated. Each item must be entered, which means longer lines and the potential for more error.

Dayle

TexasSunshine 01-16-2013 08:09 PM

We have a nice Hobby Lobby which has a good variety of quilting cotton. I buy a lot of their fabric and it holds up well. When I use a coupon I present it at the register.

MimiBug123 01-16-2013 08:13 PM

It's just like any other fabric store. They have good fabric and they have awful fabric. I've been satisfied with everything I've bought from there because I always feel the fabric to be able to tell the quality.

Sewfine 01-16-2013 08:19 PM

I have always brought Kona cotton fabric from HL and is very satisfied with it.

twinkie 01-18-2013 04:08 AM

Their fabric has always done a great job for me. I wanted to make a table runner for my Pastor and his wife and found a great piece with gold, purple and olive green in 8" squares surrounded by a thin dark brown sashing between them. Each of these squares had a Bible verse in it. I was able to cut these apart and make into a simple 10 minute block with a dark brown center with gold a filagree print in it. It is turning out great and I had never seen the fabric anywhere else. I also support the store because they stand up for what they believe in.

KwiltyKahy 01-18-2013 04:34 AM

That is exactly right, good and bad everywhere. "Fondling the fabric" is the way to go and it's fun.

Originally Posted by tesspug (Post 5790968)
I find the fabric at Hobby Lobby is like all the stores. Some is good , some is not. You just have to go and touch it. I used to have a friend who would call and ask if I wanted to go fondle fabrics with her.

damaquilts 01-18-2013 05:59 AM

I like Hobby Lobby fabric. But yes it does seem to stay the same. What I do like is the one I use to go to cut a Full yard with a little extra for shrinkage. They didn't cut to the "thread" so that when you washed the fabric you were short like some others do.