Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-t211144.html)

labtechkty 01-18-2013 01:46 PM

I jump btw Hobby Lobby and Joann's all the time...

maviskw 01-18-2013 02:12 PM

Isn't it quite strange that we go to the store and "fondle" the fabric, but when we have a quilt show, we say, "Do not Touch" ?

nhnative 01-18-2013 03:31 PM

I like HL fabric better than JoAnn's. I've even seen some 1930's Repro that I bought at a LQS.

quiltingme 01-18-2013 03:38 PM

Yes - strange

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 5795611)
Isn't it quite strange that we go to the store and "fondle" the fabric, but when we have a quilt show, we say, "Do not Touch" ?

Yes, I think it strange, too. Especially if it is a quilt for sale. I walked out of a place years ago when I was looking at a quilt for sale and a very snooty lady came up and reprimanded me for touching a quilt. Went to another place and bought a very lovely quilt... fondled it all I wanted before I decided to buy it, too! LOL

MaggieLou 01-19-2013 06:47 AM

I'm a great fan of HL. I think their fabric is better than JoAnn's and it's always 30% off at my store.

bigsister63 01-19-2013 07:06 AM

I really like Hobby lobby's fabric. I think that it is between the cheap Joanns and LQS fabric. It is usually on sale for 30% off but they will let you use a 40% coupon if you tell the associate in the fabric dept as she is cutting so she can mark the regular price and use the coupon at the register. I think that they have a good selection of "groups" of fabric. Also I like the Kona fabric for backing and it always on sale! You can print HL coupons on line but you can only use 1 per day but print as many as you want.

tenngal 01-20-2013 01:43 PM

I mostly buy the wide muslin, but have bought other fabrics with no problems.

schwanton 01-26-2013 04:47 PM

I had never been to Hobby Lobby, as there are none in my area. I was recently in Maryland and there was a Hobby Lobby near our hotel. There was no way I would return home without browsing through the store. It was awesome, so many different kinds of items and fabrics I don't see in my area. I bought two fabrics, red solid and white on white. I tested the red for colorfastness and to my delight, it did not run. I hope to go back to Hobby Lobby whenever I return to Maryland.

earlori7 01-27-2013 05:38 AM

We are getting a Hobby Lobby in March - thank goodness. Resources for fabric where we live are very slim. The few quilt shops we have within a 50 mile radius are small and inventory is small too. Hoping HL will add some variety and choices.

nhnative 01-27-2013 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by schwanton (Post 5815866)
I had never been to Hobby Lobby, as there are none in my area. I was recently in Maryland and there was a Hobby Lobby near our hotel. There was no way I would return home without browsing through the store. It was awesome, so many different kinds of items and fabrics I don't see in my area. I bought two fabrics, red solid and white on white. I tested the red for colorfastness and to my delight, it did not run. I hope to go back to Hobby Lobby whenever I return to Maryland.

I don't know where you live in Pa but I live in Ohio and we have Hobby Lobby here