Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Household items turned quilting notions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/household-items-turned-quilting-notions-t69905.html)

featherweight 10-18-2010 05:09 AM

[quote=nana pat]

Originally Posted by patdesign

Originally Posted by spark
Did anyone mention marbles to hold the quilt up off the table or floor while pinning?

I dont understand this one at all. :oops:

She explains it on page 23!!!

featherweight 10-18-2010 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by NanSew
HYDROGEN PEROXIDE removes blood on fabrics.

It also removes scorched spots off of fabric. I have a travel mat for pressing at classes. I had the scorch mark of my travel iron on it. Someone on the board suggested hydrogen peroxide on the spot and then iron the spot while wet. My mat is clean again. Works great!!!

buslady 10-18-2010 05:26 AM

GCathie, I'd like to see a picture of the object your keeper made for you:) Mine is Great about helping out, but pictures are good for him!! I have a treadle table that had the hole cut for the machine and I wanted to use it just to set my Janome on it. DH put a pc of wood in the hole and to cover it I laid out scraps from my scrap box arranging them nicely, then I had the local glass co cut me a pc of plexi glass to fit over that. It is a great work space! My machine with the "quilting buddy" fit perfectly.

BettyGee 10-18-2010 05:33 AM

I don't understand, sounds interesting though. Please explain.

NanSew 10-18-2010 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by NanSew
HYDROGEN PEROXIDE removes blood on fabrics.

It also removes scorched spots off of fabric. I have a travel mat for pressing at classes. I had the scorch mark of my travel iron on it. Someone on the board suggested hydrogen peroxide on the spot and then iron the spot while wet. My mat is clean again. Works great!!!

Good to know, thanks.

gcathie 10-18-2010 05:42 AM

6 Attachment(s)
okay here is a photo of my tips

quilter64779 10-18-2010 05:44 AM

Will be trying this as mine looks pretty bad.

NanSew 10-18-2010 05:48 AM

[quote=featherweight]

Originally Posted by nana pat

Originally Posted by patdesign

Originally Posted by spark
Did anyone mention marbles to hold the quilt up off the table or floor while pinning?

I dont understand this one at all. :oops:

She explains it on page 23!!!

Went to page 23, didn't see it, there is something on pg. 22 but it still isn't clear to me what to do, how it works, or what the pupose is. Maybe I'm just not getting it. Anyone out there that can explaine it better?

dgmoby 10-18-2010 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by gcathie
okay here is a photo of my tips

Wonderful tips! Thanks so much for showing these with the pictures. It really helps to clarify.

I love the method you're using to actually hang up the design wall fabric. What a great use for those little clips!

Everyone has such great tips - including the scorch remover (that was one I'd never heard, but oh, so glad to know!).

Debbie in Austin

NanSew 10-18-2010 05:52 AM

Oh I have an old desk that had a hole cut out in the top...that is where I put my machine...this is so awesome....I have a flat top which makes it fantastic to sew on....I would recommend that to everyone....that flat area is soooooooo nice....not to mention all the drawer space

I would love a drop in for my machine but I have a front loading bobbin case. Any suggestions out there as to how I can accomplish this?