Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Housework (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/housework-t107109.html)

granky 03-13-2011 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by davidwent
hire a house cleaner...best 40 bucks ever spent :thumbup:
David

WHERE did you find a house cleaner for 40 dollars? Send her/him to Indiana, would you please?

renda 03-13-2011 04:12 AM

I was always taught "Show me a clean house and you will have a dull person".. Much more fun to quilt an then Im happy an interesting

Vat 03-13-2011 04:20 AM

Since we are both retired now, the house needs dusting and vacuuming most any time. But I usually get up on Friday mornings and do everything. My husband helps more now than ever. He runs the steamer after I vacuum, then I do most of the dusting. Works for us. I get to sew/quilt everyday, if I choose to and I do.

sherriequilts 03-13-2011 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I get up really early, try to finish all my housework or rather what needs to be done and than the rest of the day is devoted between family/quilting..

but it is so easy to just reach down, pick up the netbook and "I'm just going to check on QB for a few minutes"! Oops, where did the time go and I am not even out of bed yet!

sherriequilts 03-13-2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by 117becca
Cleaning??? I want to know how i can write IEPs, write Re-evals, and keep caught up w/ student's work/grades when I'd rather quilt!

I so know what you are talking about. Retired now and don't know how I ever did it all. Wow! That sounds contradictory! My heart goes out to you. Happy quilting when you can.

chamby 03-13-2011 04:33 AM

I was just thinking about this subject yesterday as I was putting a new quilt top together. I would love to hire a cleaning service. I work hard all week at my job and all I want to do on the weekend is enjoy it relaxing. My DH gets to do what he wants so why shouldn't I do the same. Well I do have to get the laundry done today after church and lunch. But then I will be sewing again. I sure am gaining a lot of weight as well doing all the working at my job and sitting around sewing.

sherriequilts 03-13-2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
How do you find time to get housework done when all you want to do is quilt? My house sure suffers when I am in the quilting mood which is most of the time. Any secrets, please pass them along.

"Housework" :shock: that is a swear word where a quilter is concerned, just put a sign up "Please don't write in the dust, it shows it up" :XD:

When I come to visit, I am coming for the quilting only. Don't worry about the house. I won't write in the dust in yours if you don't write in the dust in mine!

sherriequilts 03-13-2011 04:37 AM

David

Ah David. Is she willing to relocate to CA or NM?

sherriequilts 03-13-2011 04:37 AM

David

Ah David. Is she willing to relocate to CA or NM?

#1piecemaker 03-13-2011 04:39 AM

Yep. Thats me! My floors need vacuming. All those little threads are beginning to show. there are dishes in the sink. the bed isn't made. But, I have made myself a promise that I will set aside at least one hour a day for housework. (After I finish this quilt.)LOL