Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Housework (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/housework-t107109.html)

mbeskosty12360 03-13-2011 04:43 AM

Excuse me but you explain the meaning of 'housework'. The word doesn't seem to be in my vocabulary. :lol:

KwiltyKahy 03-13-2011 04:50 AM

I just remember another one. "The only place housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary."

Rettie V. Grama 03-13-2011 05:05 AM

My house isn't perfect, but since I have so many visitor, I keep it reasonably clean and clutter free.

My secret is: Where I'm working, watching Tv, sleeping, before I leave that room, I do everything that should be done. When I get up in the morning, I get 2 rooms done even before I make the coffee. Those are the bathroom and the bedroom. Next is the kitchen, where I make the coffee and while that is brewing, take care of garbage for garbage disposal, check the dishwasher for space, wipe out the sink, then pour myself a great cup of joe. Then to the living room since I have crocheted and watched tv the night before and didn't obey my own rules, make sure it is straightened, sit down and then do my thing. Good feeling when I sit down knowing my housework is finished for the day.

Homespun 03-13-2011 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Quilting is more important that housework!!!!

Amen, sister!

mjsylvstr 03-13-2011 05:17 AM

the only time housework comes before quilting is in the

dictionary !!!!!!!!!!!

Pickle 03-13-2011 05:34 AM

I find that no matter what the cleaning always waits for you. When you need to clean invite friends for dinner. Then it gets done. LOL

Grandma sews 03-13-2011 05:37 AM

Keep up the way you are doing. I'm one who has always had to have my housework done before I do something I enjoy, and my life certainly isn't as productive as you quilters, I can assure. As I get older and am now alone, I am learning to "let it go," but I don't get to my sewing room nearly as much as I'd like. A little clutter and dust never hurt anyone.

jeannie t 03-13-2011 06:03 AM

I get up at 5 every morning and do my cleaning, our home is for sale now and I don't always get alot of notice before a showing,but putting things back in there place after using saves alot of time, so I keep ahead of the prolbem.

angelarose 03-13-2011 06:04 AM

I clean everyday. Even when I worked full time I ran the sweeper because of the dog and cat hair. Then I did a more detailed cleaning on weekends.
Now that I'm retired, I still run the little vaccuum, and or sweep every cottin' pickin' day. Our house has a lot of glass and an open floor plan and it's not very forgiving if "stuff" is left around and you can see dog hair tumbleweeds. I'm driven by the housework, always was. Even as a kid I cleaned to make things better. NOW, when my chores are done I get to quilting or sitting on the Board like now. I noticed that I've slowed down on my compulsiveness....dear Lord, it's about time!!!!

donnaree59 03-13-2011 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Quilting is more important that housework!!!!

Oh I love this place!!!!