Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Housework (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/housework-t107109.html)

angelarose 03-13-2011 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
My house isn't perfect, but since I have so many visitor, I keep it reasonably clean and clutter free.

My secret is: Where I'm working, watching Tv, sleeping, before I leave that room, I do everything that should be done. When I get up in the morning, I get 2 rooms done even before I make the coffee. Those are the bathroom and the bedroom. Next is the kitchen, where I make the coffee and while that is brewing, take care of garbage for garbage disposal, check the dishwasher for space, wipe out the sink, then pour myself a great cup of joe. Then to the living room since I have crocheted and watched tv the night before and didn't obey my own rules, make sure it is straightened, sit down and then do my thing. Good feeling when I sit down knowing my housework is finished for the day.

Amen, I agree. It just works better for me that way, too.
Angela

whinnytoo 03-13-2011 06:12 AM

I am fortunate having a hubby who enjoys housework!

Sweeterthanwine 03-13-2011 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo
I am fortunate having a hubby who enjoys housework!

LUCKY YOU!!

May in Jersey 03-13-2011 06:26 AM

Always kept a neat and tidy house but never was complusive about housework. DH and I are retried and home a lot so lots of cups and dishes all day long but glad I can hide them in the dishwasher. DH, after 56 years of marriage, covers over our bed in the morning and I throw dirty clothes into hamper in the closet so that room looks 'neat'. Sun shone on bedroom mirror the other day and I noticed it was quite dusty - can't remember when I last cleaned it but it's on my To Do List. Spring is here so I guess I'll do it when I clean the bedroom windows. I'm 75 and have limited amount of engery and don't want to spend it all on cleaning the house and afterwards all I want to do is take a nap instead of quilting. Speaking of quilting, I'm going to finish my coffee and then go right to my sewing machine and finish off my latest quilt. May in Jersey

ga447 03-13-2011 06:33 AM

I am retired and I thought I could keep my house cleaner by doing it more often, well that when down the drain and now that I started quilting, housework is on the bottom of my list. I did spend yesterday morning cleaning.. it really felt good, now I can go back to cutting fabric I clean every 2 weeks (should). My Mother said do it all in one day and then you're finish but that does not work for me. I do divide it up, anyhow it felt like spring here yesterday and I opened the windows.

aorlflood 03-13-2011 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Always kept a neat and tidy house but never was complusive about housework. DH and I are retried and home a lot so lots of cups and dishes all day long but glad I can hide them in the dishwasher. DH, after 56 years of marriage, covers over our bed in the morning and I throw dirty clothes into hamper in the closet so that room looks 'neat'. Sun shone on bedroom mirror the other day and I noticed it was quite dusty - can't remember when I last cleaned it but it's on my To Do List. Spring is here so I guess I'll do it when I clean the bedroom windows. I'm 75 and have limited amount of engery and don't want to spend it all on cleaning the house and afterwards all I want to do is take a nap instead of quilting. Speaking of quilting, I'm going to finish my coffee and then go right to my sewing machine and finish off my latest quilt. May in Jersey

If that's you in your avatar, you certainly don't LOOK 75!

ellenmg 03-13-2011 06:48 AM

Oh yea Ramona! I agree. With Flylady, you are only cleaning 15 minutes a day. you can Google her, she sends out emails I think once a week now with the daily chore.... Not nearly so painful!
Me? My housekeeper never shows up! I get it done when I feel like it, but like my evenings to be for quilting.....

quilter41 03-13-2011 06:55 AM

I straighten the Familyroom before I go to bed. Get up and take a shower, make beds, do dishes, pick up and I am ready to sew. However I do have a Cleaning Lady twice a month. My Mom said the secret was to pick up and do dishes. Then everyone thought you were a great housekeeper. LOL!

dorrell ann 03-13-2011 06:57 AM

No secrets ,I would rather quilt any day!

ontheriver 03-13-2011 06:59 AM

I figure if the kid and dogs are fed and the health dept. hasn't condemned us we are doing ok.