Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you buy your batting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-buy-your-batting-t261901.html)

pocoellie 02-27-2015 06:54 PM

I buy my batting on the roll from Heartbeat Quilting, they have great prices and great service. Both times I've ordered late in the afternoon, on a Thursday and the batting was delivered on the following Monday.

DebD800 02-27-2015 07:08 PM

I always get mine by the roll. I can't stand to run out and that's the best way for me to make sure that never happens!

AngeliaNR 02-27-2015 08:31 PM

By the roll online from Batt Mart.

NJ Quilter 02-28-2015 05:33 AM

I bought a roll of W&N at JoAnns store w/coupon what seems like forever ago. It seems to last forever. For storage, I stand it on end in the corner of my sewing room behind the door. And I have next to no room in there!

charlottequilts 02-28-2015 07:19 AM

I buy Quilter's Dream from Hancocks of Paducah when they have free shipping. They keep the surcharge for oversized items, but it was only $15 for 8 queen batts, which was excellent. I would not buy a delicate batt like that off the roll in a store, though, because you never know how the people rolling out and cutting have handled it. A full roll would be completely different, of course.

hugs,
Charlotte

Boston1954 02-28-2015 07:59 AM

My sister and I go in together on a bull box of Warm and Natural. We split so that we get 20 yards each. Sue orders it online and it's delivered to her door.

tessagin 02-28-2015 08:18 AM

I've been lucky at some estate sales. Batting still in package for $5 (qn sz). One estate sale the owner used it for Christmas display. It fit a king sz bed. Washed it to see how it would hold up. I paid a whole $1 for it. Not to say I don't buy it in the store (I do). I usually use a coupon and get the warm and natural.

willferg 02-28-2015 08:21 AM

Walmart has surprisingly good prices on batting by the bolt, and you can have it shipped to your door for a small cost or pick up at the store.

Pat G 02-28-2015 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by WandaVA (Post 7108205)
I buy the 40-yard rolls from Joann Fabrics, when they are on sale. Right now, it is 1/2 price, with free shipping. I think that's the cheapest way to buy it, and it is so convenient to have it on hand.

I buy by the bolt from JoAnn's too which I thought was free shipping but they charged me $19 shipping to the store. I would kick up a fuss if they did that to me again. That store sure rubs me wrong anymore. I hate the coupon games. I'm always getting caught with expired dates or something just a bit on sale so can't use coupon.

I do love having a bolt though. That way I always have it handy.

Snooze2978 02-28-2015 09:16 AM

I buy my batting by the bolt thru my almost local fabric store. They have given me a discount in the past plus no shipping charges to me. Works for me.