Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you mark your quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-mark-your-quilts-t141642.html)

stephaniequeen 07-31-2011 12:15 PM

When marking your quilt top for quilting, how do you mark your quilt? :?: :?: :?:

sueisallaboutquilts 07-31-2011 12:20 PM

Hi Stephanie, I'm a hand quilter so I use chalk or pencils specifically made for fabric.
Not sure if this is what you wanted though. :)

jquilt214 07-31-2011 12:32 PM

I use silver, yellow pencils and chalk and I have started using the new Pilot Frixion pens. They are fantastic. I get then in a pack of 6 colors. Just be sure you read and follow the directions. I am also a hand quilter. I have had bad experiences with the blue and purple pens.

QuiltE 07-31-2011 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by jquilt214
I use silver, yellow pencils and chalk and I have started using the new Pilot Frixion pens. They are fantastic. I get then in a pack of 6 colors. Just be sure you read and follow the directions. I am also a hand quilter. I have had bad experiences with the blue and purple pens.

I just purchased my first Frixion while on the Shop Hop this month. Are you finding any problems with them? Or do all colours just disappear with the heat of the iron? How have they worked on the dark fabrics?

I love the one I have so far .... though I'm totally scared it'll not keep working that way!! :)

hobbykat1955 07-31-2011 12:56 PM

Disappearing ink pens and Ponce Chalk pad for stencils

np3 07-31-2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Originally Posted by jquilt214

I just purchased my first Frixion while on the Shop Hop this month. Are you finding any problems with them? Or do all colours just disappear with the heat of the iron? How have they worked on the dark fabrics?

I love the one I have so far .... though I'm totally scared it'll not keep working that way!! :)

I love the Frixion pen! It irons out!

Granny Quilter 07-31-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hi Stephanie, I'm a hand quilter so I use chalk or pencils specifically made for fabric.
Not sure if this is what you wanted though. :)

And stencils for the design. I hand quilt too.

QuiltnNan 07-31-2011 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm just finishing up a king on the frame. I made the motifs with paper and traced around them with a sliver of soap. this only works on darker fabrics.

the L shape paper is to center the flower
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234509[/ATTACH]

Painiacs 07-31-2011 04:39 PM

Where do u buy friction pens??

whinnytoo 07-31-2011 04:41 PM

SewLine markers