Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you store/display your stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-store-display-your-stash-t141678.html)

jrharry 07-31-2011 03:08 PM

I purchase a white wardrobe closet at Homedepot and it holds all my fabric. Scrapes I put in plastic bags (like the one sheet come in) by color and store in the bedroom closet. Works great and the room looks organized.

jrharry 07-31-2011 03:08 PM

I purchased a white wardrobe closet at Homedepot (comes in wood also) and it holds all my fabric. My scrapes I put in plastic bags (like the one sheet come in with a zipper by color and store in the bedroom closet. Works great and the room looks organized.

grannyp70 07-31-2011 03:10 PM

Hey girlfriend I need to come shopping at you house.LOL LOL

amyjo 07-31-2011 03:18 PM

mine is now stashed in clear plastic totes, so I can see what I have. Have a black lab & a border collie/aussie shepherd that shed black hair. don't want that on my fabric. DD helped do what was downstairs when she was home for a week's vacation the beginning of July. Now if I had my fabric upstairs done the same I would have no problem finding what I want. Am looking for my Phillies fabric yet. I have a whole bolt up there somewhere. My Daisy has been spending her nights out by the kennel where her puppies are. They are weaned, but she is real protective. I have been busy getting my Daisy's puppies to new homes. 2 left yesterday & got to Wright WY last nite & then 1 will head for Nebraska. I have 1 that went to Kenmare, & possibly two are going west of Kenmare. I also had 1 go just west & a little north of me. So most haven't gone far. But I don't want them back. they can sure eat--never had 10 puppies at once I guess.

Jan in VA 07-31-2011 03:38 PM

I have always stored my fabric behind the closed doors of a cupboard/amoire of some kind. Thirty years, no fading.

Jan in VA

buddy'smom 07-31-2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by grannyp70
Hey girlfriend I need to come shopping at you house.LOL LOL

I put freezer paper on the shelves.

fabric_fancy 07-31-2011 03:56 PM

i keep mine in a walk in closet away from sunlight

Annaquilts 07-31-2011 04:03 PM

I am under the roof/rafters and there are small access doors to the area 4 feet and under. i slide large plastic bins in there. It is not convenient and no showing off of stash but it keeps it looking un cluttered.

buddy'smom 07-31-2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I am under the roof/rafters and there are small access doors to the area 4 feet and under. i slide large plastic bins in there. It is not convenient and no showing off of stash but it keeps it looking un cluttered.

Oh that's ok, I may be stashing some under my bed soon, running out of space.

nyelphaba 07-31-2011 04:58 PM

I had a neighbor that put a china cabinet with glass doors out on the street for garbage because it was to big for their house. I loved it - it is very 50's. I sent my husband and son out to bring it to our house - wiped it down and put my fabric in it. Love it.