Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you store it? Help would be apprciated. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-store-help-would-apprciated-t190586.html)

MimiBug123 06-01-2012 07:39 PM

I have a fishing tackle box (pink and purple) that have drawers on the bottom and 2 thingys inside the top that fold out. Then, the larger things go under the fold out things. I have a large metal sculpture on the wall above my sewing machine. I put lots of "S" hooks on it and use it for my scissors, rotary cutters and rulers.

Toni C 06-01-2012 07:54 PM

I use shoe and boot boxes but like the idea of the clear boxes to see at a glance

patchsamkim 06-01-2012 07:58 PM

I have a Bernina "tackle box" that I keep most of my basic supplies in, as well as a good selection of thread colors. I work out of the box at home, and it is also ready to take with me on retreats/sewing weekends. I also have drawers with plastic dividers that hold some supplies, and mugs on my table for pens,pencils,sewing awl, seam ripper, etc. Then I have a ruler holder for all my rulers...I think it is called a ruler roundup. I still could be more organized, but it keeps everything pretty well in a place.

Dolphyngyrl 06-01-2012 10:09 PM

Artbin Super Deluxe Super Satchel, divided top and divided bottom

LauraRG 06-02-2012 03:12 AM

Gladware (or similar) containers!! They are see-through, uniform-sized, stackable and available everywhere. The lids stay on nice and tight so when they get knocked over they don't spill ... and they are cheap.

Laura

sewmom 06-02-2012 03:44 AM

I have several of the small rolling cart office organizers that i got at an office supply store on sale. I have one by my computer desk with paper, labels, statioary, stapler, etc. most of the drawers are shallow so thing dont get lost. By my sewing machine, in the top drawer, i put a divided tray in it. Thats where i put my tape measure, seam ripper, needles, etc. another drawer has my quilting accessories, like gloves, 120" tape. Another drawer hold my cutting implements. The best thing about it , is it fits under my sewing table so it can be rolled back out of the way when not being used. The only bad thing about them- th drawers dont pull ALL the way out so things in the back are a little harder to get to.

mommaB 06-02-2012 04:00 AM

I keep stuff in tins, a tackle box, and the snap together plastic boxes I got from JoAnn's. They are really nice because you can mix and match and then I choose which ones I want (I have one or two with handwork tools, one with feet, etc.) when I go to a class, hook them all together, and I'm ready to go! They're exact name is right on the tip of my tongue!! Snap-fit?, snap-tight? Grrr! Anyway, they have little ears on each section that snap on to the next section. You can get with or without dividers. Great for small stuff, scissors, thread, needles..

deedum 06-02-2012 04:39 AM

thanks for the great tips! It was helpful, I got some ideas now to put into place.

Buckeye Rose 06-02-2012 04:51 AM

I have one drawer in my sewing table and it stores all the machine pieces and parts. I would love to be able to just toss things on the table to my right and be able to grab them later, but my cats are notorious for finding little items and making them playtoys. Bobbins are the worst - so I've had to find a small plastic container with a snap lid. I have a large mug with all my markers and pens, and a big basket for miscellaneous things. I use the pink hospital tubs (I have stacks of them) for my scraps - all color coded. The rest of my sewing room is a disaster and desperately needs help (I'll squeeze that in between orders for 11 bow tucks and the kitchen remodel....LOL)

AUQuilter 06-02-2012 07:19 AM

My bobbins, screwdrivers, sewing guage and sewing machine oil go in the desk drawer organizer- a large plastic one I have had for years. It fits the enter drawer so there's lot of cubby sections. In the large pencil section I have my scissors. I liked the idea of a tackle box too so you can take to classes- my first aid kit is a tackle box.